Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais Hachinuch, Monsey

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 7:35 pm
Does anyone have info on this school? I am looking to know what kind of families send there, how big the classes are and any other info you may have on it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 5:06 am
Bump

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 5:23 am
My stepson went there a number of years ago. It is a school that calls itself special ed but it is not special ed. He got so much worse after his 2 years there. No educational plan was ever made for him. His mother refused to have him evaluated by a professional which is how he wound up there. It is not the type of school which attracts different "types of families". It is where kids go who need that kind of school environment. But I was shocked that in a school with that kind of price tag (it is extremely expensive!), his teacher wrote on his report card "he has what to say". Like... what? WHATS WHAT? After 2 years there, his mother finally realized the only school in town to address his needs (still without an evaluation) is ASHAR.

I am sure some people are thrilled with this school. I was shocked at the tuition and at the teachers and admin.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 9:52 am
I am looking into it for my son. What kind of issues did he have that he ended up there? I am trying to see if it would be a fit for my son. How much was tuition also?

amother
Dimgray

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 4:35 pm
Bump.
Just heard about it and wanted to know more info about it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 4:36 pm
My son goes there.what do you want to know?

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 5:33 pm

Last edited by amother on Wed, Jan 04 2023, 11:05 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 5:36 pm

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 5:45 pm
My son graduated from there a few years ago. He grew and learned so much there.
Last year I was having issues with his high school and had to switch the menahel of Bais Hachinuch went out of his way to help me find a new Yeshiva for him.
It is not a special Ed school - everyone knows that. It is for boys who need small class size, warm teachers who can give close attention to each boy and give each student the help they need to succeed.
There are boys from across the spectrum of the community as long as they are English speaking. And they all feel accepted.

momtra

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 3:41 pm
We were just told by my sons school today that they advise that we look into it.
Do you know where the boys go to high school? Are they able to go to regular mainstream high schools?

amother
Magnolia

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 4:40 pm
Following. Do they cater to boys who struggle with reading ? I’m referring to a 12 yr old who struggles with all aspects of learning. His school is suggesting we find him another place and I was wondering about sending here.
How much is the tuition? And do you need to have one on one tutors etc. ? What mesivta do boys end up in afterward . We are Chasidish/heimish

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 5:06 pm
Surrendered wrote:
This information she gave, is "absolutely wrong information and outright motzi shem ra"- putting out a bad name on an amazing yeshivah!
She mentioned several years ago, I dont know what happened at that point, but "my son is in this Yeshivah for 4 years now and came a very long way with his behaviors and learning!"
They have an incredible devoted staff, amazing Rebbi's who give each child the individual attention and guidance they need.

Tuition is less than what I pay for my other kids in different mosdos.

You can call me a liar if you want. I know what we paid and I know what my stepson experienced there. And I know after two years there, they said they have nothing else for him. He got worse there. Not better.

I’m thrilled for those who had a good experience there. That was not us.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 5:10 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:
My son graduated from there a few years ago. He grew and learned so much there.
Last year I was having issues with his high school and had to switch the menahel of Bais Hachinuch went out of his way to help me find a new Yeshiva for him.
It is not a special Ed school - everyone knows that. It is for boys who need small class size, warm teachers who can give close attention to each boy and give each student the help they need to succeed.
There are boys from across the spectrum of the community as long as they are English speaking. And they all feel accepted.

Agree. My son is there and doing great. We may hopefully be able to switch him to a more mainstream school next year bh. It isn't a special ed school by far.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 7:54 pm
What do people mean when they say it isn’t a special Ed school? Is it good for students who are very academic but have trouble sitting in class quietly?

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 10:04 am
What ages is this cheder for? Do they have a class for a 6 yr old?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 10:46 am
amother Blush wrote:
What ages is this cheder for? Do they have a class for a 6 yr old?

No it's from 3rd and up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics