Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Normal to be lonely when move

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 1:20 pm
Just moved to a new place and it feels so unfamiliar and lonely .. wondering if anyone could commiserate ..

RuralIma

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 1:23 pm
That's completely normal, it's hard to be the new person whether you're a kid or an adult. Especially now with social distancing I imagine it's even harder because you can't really find ways to connect in your new area if you can't go out and socialize. Hug Hug

silverlining3

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 1:26 pm
So so so normal. I'll let you in on a secret.....sometimes, after being in the city, with my family, for a weekend, I get home and feel lonely. I don't dwell and bh get over it pretty fast.

thriver

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 1:27 pm
So so so normal. Even if you move a block down. Dynamics change. Moving is a major transition, no matter what age one is. And the further away one moves, the harder the move. It can be very unsettling. Give yourself compassion and time. ❤️

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 1:30 pm
I moved 2 1/2 years ago to a new neighborhood, and the move has been wonderful for my family. The neighborhood has been welcoming. But I still miss some of my old neighbors, particularly those whom I had a really comfortable relationship with. I miss these friends popping in to visit. It takes time to build up the kind of friendships I had for so many years.

So yes, totally normal. It takes time.

soap suds

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 1:30 pm
I feel you, sister. Very normal and very hard.

essie14

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 1:32 pm
So normal! I remember when we moved our current community, 2 years ago, and I was able to go to shul that first shabbat and spend a lot of time in the playground socializing and we met all the neighbors within 2 weeks. If you cant do that now, of course you will feel lonely. Give yourself time. IYH you will meet everyone soon and have an active social life in your new neighborhood. B'hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating