Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Most embarrassing thing you said that makes you cringe
1  2  Next

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 3:31 pm
Part 2 if there was one already.
Pls entertain me.
I’m bored to death.

Okay this one is not bad but it’s kinda cute.

On our third and final date before our engagement my husband and I were sitting on the train packed like sardines.
We just sat there in awkward silence but I was freaking out on having a chasidish guy sitting NEXT TO ME AND THE SIDES OF OUR BODIES WERE TOUCHING! We were naturally shomer negia and I was serious about it. I wanted to scoot over but if I did so then I would’ve further smushed the person sitting on the other side of me. I didn’t say anything because I didn’t want him to be uncomfortable.
Anyway, as we get off at my stop we shyly said our goodbyes but we didn’t want to leave each other. Like we couldn’t turn around.
Before I know it, my husband says “I love you!”

I
Was
So
Shocked

I replied
“Yeah.”

RuralIma

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 3:33 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Pls entertain me.
I’m bored to death.

On our third and final date before our engagement my husband and I were sitting on the train packed like sardines.
We just sat there in awkward silence but I was freaking out on having a chasidish guy sitting NEXT TO ME AND THE SIDES OF OUR BODIES WERE TOUCHING! We were naturally shomer negia and I was serious about it. I wanted to scoot over but if I did so then I would’ve further smushed the person sitting on the other side of me. I didn’t say anything because I didn’t want him to be uncomfortable.
Anyway, as we get off at my stop we shyly said our goodbyes but we didn’t want to leave each other. Like we couldn’t turn around.

I
Was
So
Shocked

I replied
“Yeah.”

Omg you're adorable! That sounds like something I would do LOL

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 5:19 pm
Delete

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 5:27 pm
I watched a video about Jane Fonda. I was so impressed. She is 84 and looks great. So I was at a new gym and this older lady talked to me. I think she was 60 and in amazing shape. She said she was exercising all her life. I said you look amazing reminds me of Jane Fonda. Right when I said that I realized it was a stupid thing to say because she is much younger but it was too late to take it back because she started talking to someone else. I feel so bad about it to this day. Because she was so sweet

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 5:33 pm
Hashem N Farfel you reminded me of a story I completely forgot about. I think it was on my first date ever (which I looked at as a practice date cuz I didn’t really think the guy was for me) and I was right-I did not enjoy my date at all and knew it would never work out. We he dropped me off he said “I had a nice time” and I responded “thanks for the water.” When I told my friends they were cracking up and said that was so mean. My defense was that I didn’t want to lead the guy on when I knew I was about to drop him...

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 3:12 pm
I embarrassed someone in a rude way in public 16 years ago. I apologized but I still feel terrible and ashamed when I think about it.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 3:13 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Pls entertain me.
I’m bored to death.

I
Was
So
Shocked

I replied
“Yeah.”

He took you home on a train and then didn’t take you all the way home? I wouldn’t have married him Very Happy

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 3:31 pm
To this day, I’m still quite embarrassed for making a comment about a friend who was very thin. What I said I think made her uncomfortable, it was unintentionally rude of me. It was meant as a compliment, but came out all wrong & immediately after I made my comment I realized I should not have said it. I’ve learned from my mistake and will never ever comment on someone’s weight ever again, be they thin or heavy. If I ever comment on a person’s appearance I will say something positive about their hair/outfit/jewelry. But never anything about their size, if they lost weight... etc.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 3:38 pm
This one has stuck with me a long, long time now.....

When I was still fairly newly married I went grocery shopping one evening with my husband and we ran into a very sweet friend of my mother's. She commented how nice it was that DH came grocery shopping with me. I made some sarcastic comment that was meant to be funny, along the lines of, "well, what good is having a husband if he can't help you schlep the groceries home?" and the minute we said goodbye and I turned around I remembered that her husband had ALS and was several years in a wheel chair already. I wanted to just die. To her credit, she didn't wince or break her smile or ever hold a grudge. She is an amazing, amazing person.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 4:05 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
This one has stuck with me a long, long time now.....

When I was still fairly newly married I went grocery shopping one evening with my husband and we ran into a very sweet friend of my mother's. She commented how nice it was that DH came grocery shopping with me. I made some sarcastic comment that was meant to be funny, along the lines of, "well, what good is having a husband if he can't help you schlep the groceries home?" and the minute we said goodbye and I turned around I remembered that her husband had ALS and was several years in a wheel chair already. I wanted to just die. To her credit, she didn't wince or break her smile or ever hold a grudge. She is an amazing, amazing person.

Ouch.

Reminds me when I joined a working at a new school and didn’t know all the teachers yet. My sons morah called to pickup my son and I was venting in the office to the teachers and staff that I had to leave ASAP to go pick him up drop him by my mom then run back.

A teacher that was there gave me the warmest smile and said, “it’s so hard when the kids are sick.”

I found later shes married for 12+ years and has no children. I wanted to die.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 4:07 pm
Another story- I hired a contractor to do work for me. He needed to order a part and said it would take 2.5 weeks. 4 weeks later and no news from him I texted in a nice way it’s a lot passed 2.5 weeks...

He said- I’m so sorry I’m sitting Shiva for my mom. Sad

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Jun 20 2020, 11:46 am
In my defense I was very, very young, maybe 7 or 8 and I was by my good friend's Shabbat table. She was teasing me and I said "you're so [crazy]". I had never before used that word.
Her older brother, at the table, had been deprived of oxygen at birth and was medically speaking, [crazy].
I knew the minute it was out of my mouth that I had done something so, so stupid.
No one at the table called me on it but I felt like crying I was so sad and embarrassed.

Post Sat, Jun 20 2020, 7:21 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
He took you home on a train and then didn’t take you all the way home? I wouldn’t have married him Very Happy

My DH did that and still defends his actions bec he had to get to daf yomi (married 22+ years).

PeanutMama

Post Sat, Jun 20 2020, 7:55 pm
I physically winced.
Ouch!!!!

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Jun 20 2020, 8:03 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Another story- I hired a contractor to do work for me. He needed to order a part and said it would take 2.5 weeks. 4 weeks later and no news from him I texted in a nice way it’s a lot passed 2.5 weeks...

He said- I’m so sorry I’m sitting Shiva for my mom. Sad

I and my husband were looking to rent an apartment, one of the options we checked out was an apartment belonging to someone who had just moved to a nursing home. so her son-in-law showed us the apartment, we got back to him a couple weeks later and I texted him "I hope your MIL's doing well" or something along those lines. Couple days after that I found out that she had passed away
ouch

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Jun 20 2020, 8:04 pm
We once had a bbq with my in laws. It was a lot of fun and quite noisy. My mil was speaking to me and she said something along the lines of “it’s my mothers yahrtzeit” and I said Mazal tov for some reason Sad
after I quickly said sorry and that her neshama should have an Aliyah
But I cringe thinking about it

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Jun 20 2020, 8:13 pm
I had to call my co worker a few weeks after giving birth. She asked how's your baby and I answered the typical she wakes me up at night and then I added lightly...normal baby... When I hung up, I remembered that the coworker had a long awaited baby with medical issues and special needs. I felt so horrible for a long time afterwards.

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Jun 20 2020, 9:39 pm
This story happened to my mom. We had a cousin that had no kids. My mom hadn't met her in a long time. Once they met at a family gathering and she was there with a little girl and said something to my mom about her daughter doing this and that, so my mom was so excited for her that she finally had a baby and she told her the common phrase, the difference between one and none is the difference between life and death, and she agreed. A few minutes later when that cousin left the circle my other cousin tells my mom that this child was adopted and not her own. My mom was ready to be burried alive!

Can't Believe It

giselle

Post Sat, Jun 20 2020, 9:50 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
This story happened to my mom. We had a cousin that had no kids. My mom hadn't met her in a long time. Once they met at a family gathering and she was there with a little girl and said something to my mom about her daughter doing this and that, so my mom was so excited for her that she finally had a baby and she told her the common phrase, the difference between one and none is the difference between life and death, and she agreed. A few minutes later when that cousin left the circle my other cousin tells my mom that this child was adopted and not her own. My mom was ready to be burried alive!

Can't Believe It

Why is that embarrassing? If it was her adopted daughter, it is still just as much her daughter as if she’d given birth to her.

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Jun 20 2020, 11:33 pm
After giving birth I called my best friend who had been married for a year to tell her I'd had a baby. I was so out of it. I still can't explain why I said, "be happy you don't have kids yet. It hurts so much ".
21 years later they never had kids.
I still feel awful Sad
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics