Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Camps. How do in-towners treat OOT kids?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 1:13 pm
If I send my children to camp, how will the "in-town" treat the "out-of-town" children?
Should Out-of-town children form groups to go to camp?
Is it important for out-of-town children to bring a certain type of clothes or things, so that they will be accepted?

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 1:16 pm
I sent my kids to Agudah Midwest for a reason.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 1:25 pm
I’ve gone to camp from when I was 12 until I was 20. I’ve never seen oot kids treated differently than in town kids. I always loved the oot kids cuz they’re always so friendly and chilled but I guess it depends which camp you go to... I went to camp bais Yaakov

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 2:30 pm
Funny, I was also going g to say camp bais Yaakov.
Out if town kids are loved there. Their friendliness is accepted and appreciated.
Depends if you send to a jappy camp or not.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 2:36 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
I sent my kids to Agudah Midwest for a reason.

Could you elaborate?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 2:37 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Out if town kids are loved there. Their friendliness is accepted and appreciated.

Dou you think they could also deal with foreigners, who are more or less proficient in English, but it's not their mothertongue?

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 2:43 pm
I don’t think it makes a difference if the camper is from oot. When I was in camp, everyone was interested in the girls with positive pleasant personalities. It didn’t matter where they were from. If they are confident and positive, it deff helps make friends.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 2:48 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I don’t think it makes a difference if the camper is from oot. When I was in camp, everyone was interested in the girls with positive pleasant personalities. It didn’t matter where they were from. If they are confident and positive, it deff helps make friends.

This.
And also, I second or third or whatever the suggestion for Camp Bais Yakov. I'm from brooklyn, but I loved it there and would want my daughter to go there or the like.
I think certain camps are more "in towny" but I'd prefer to send my kid to a more mixed camp like BY, especially if I was from OOT.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 4:35 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:

I also went to Camp By for one year and felt so out of place as one of the only out of towners in my bunk. After that we all switched to Agudah midwest/ Maarava.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 1:35 am
@Notshanarishona, I’m so sorry that happened to you! Most ppl in CBY are chilled and love lot’s
In regard to the question about foreign language- we’ve had girls in camp from Mexico and Israel who didn’t speak English and had a great time as well as ppl from England and other places with diff accents.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 1:39 am
I was the oot at camp a fancy jap camp
I made friends other campers new each other from years before
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics