Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Single friend turning 40
Previous  1  2

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 11:38 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
How about a bath bomb set or care package set from Lush.

Not to derail the thread or make this a political conversation, but please consider a different brand of bath bombs as ‘Lush’ not only flat-out refused to open a store in Israel, but openly supported anti-Israel measures, and even actively supported extremist anti-Israel groups including terror organizations that deny Israel’s right to exist.
(Unless of course that is the position you are looking to support)

amother
Red

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 11:45 pm
I like the idea of a room diffuser (aromatherapy stuff)

Also a Himalayan pink salt lamp

But best is time together- except -Covid!

happy chick

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 12:26 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I like the idea of a room diffuser (aromatherapy stuff)

Also a Himalayan pink salt lamp

But best is time together- except -Covid!

I've never heard of this so I just checked it out on Amazon. It looks really nice , but I'm curious what it exactly as this friend has really horrible allergies. Is that something of concern? Or is it something that night actually help with allergies? Or neither?

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 3:05 am
Cat

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 3:25 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Cat

LOL

I feel terrible for laughing

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 3:40 am
jflower wrote:
How about spending time with her? Take her out to lunch or dinner. Go shopping with her or to a park. I imagine that she would enjoy your company.

If you give her a gift certificate, that's a lovely gift but it's one she will spend by herself.

Why not go out with her and surprise her with a gift at the end. Like a gift certificate or a bath bomb and soap set or other ideas people mentioned.

I would also write a card talking about how much she means to me.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 3:41 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Not to derail the thread or make this a political conversation, but please consider a different brand of bath bombs as ‘Lush’ not only flat-out refused to open a store in Israel, but openly supported anti-Israel measures, and even actively supported extremist anti-Israel groups including terror organizations that deny Israel’s right to exist.
(Unless of course that is the position you are looking to support)

That’s such a shame. I love lush and whenever I go abroad I get some.

Raisin

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 8:12 am
I think arranging some type of celebration - either via zoom or a socially distant picnic would be lovely. A gift can be whatever she would like. Maybe some really nice linen for her room, including throw cushions, matching accessiories etc. If she likes baking or cooking some cool kitchen gadgets. Really great headphones eg airpods. If she loves to read a book token is a nice gift. (Or go shopping together for books)

Bath stuff is a bit too generic imo and at the same time very specific. I am very fussy about scents and people give me bath stuff all the time, the vast majority of which I don't use. But I love bubble bath - if you know me really well and know which one I like I would love someone to get that for me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics