Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Washington DC trip

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 1:47 pm
My 9 year old son wants me to take him to Washington DC
Can anyone recommend anywhere that would be fun in the area ( I will take all my kids 6 yo girl and 3 yo boy)
Please send links , ideas , tips anything !! Thank you!

I see I posted in the wrong forum and don’t know how to change it*

singleagain

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 2:00 pm
I would check out the Smithsonian because it's got a little bit of everything so you're sure to find something that each of your kids will enjoy just you know go online see what their rules are for now

Also if there's anything like government buildings they want to tour maybe the mint or the White House again check new rules and regulations

(And I reported your post so that way it can be moved to the correct forum :-) )

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 2:03 pm
Thank you
I see there is a mint in Philadelphia so maybe o can go there( I am coming from NY AND Just going in for the day)
Also I see online everything is still closed so so annoying !!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 2:08 pm
We were planning a trip there end of August but cancelled and will hopefully do it next year. I'm open for other destination suggestions that are similar distance from NY/NJ with outdoor attractions which are more likely to be open.

bigsis144

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 2:26 pm
I live near Washington DC (in Silver Spring) and there are lots of beautiful hiking areas around here, both in Maryland (Silver Spring/Rockville etc) and DC.

The Billy Goat Trail near the Potomac has fun rock climbing areas (not the kind where you need harnesses, but some pretty intense clambering) and waterfall views.

We have lakes with kayak/paddleboat rentals that are confirmed open during covid19. There are also some ropes-course treetop adventure places open.

Our kosher food places are open for takeout - pizza, Chinese, etc.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 3:31 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
I live near Washington DC (in Silver Spring) and there are lots of beautiful hiking areas around here, both in Maryland (Silver Spring/Rockville etc) and DC.

The Billy Goat Trail near the Potomac has fun rock climbing areas (not the kind where you need harnesses, but some pretty intense clambering) and waterfall views.

We have lakes with kayak/paddleboat rentals that are confirmed open during covid19. There are also some ropes-course treetop adventure places open.

Our kosher food places are open for takeout - pizza, Chinese, etc.

Thank you this is very helpful

What can I do Near the White House?

doctorima

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 5:56 pm
Walk around the Reflecting Pool, National Mall, the lake near the Jefferson and Lincoln Memorials. The area is beautiful, and the buildings are historic - as long as it's not too hot!

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 5:58 pm
Its a great place to visit, but I'd make it into at least a 2 day visit if you can. Also, I'm not sure if things there would be open now. Enjoy your trip Smile

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sat, Jun 20 2020, 11:48 pm
This topic is in the wrong forum!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics