Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Working at Regency bungalow colony day camp?

the mom

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 6:49 pm
Hi moms-
I know nothing about this scene (yes, out of town) but my DD has a friend encouraging her to work there this summer as a great and fun way to make money before sem. I know the teen scene in a lot of colonies can be a risky environment but her friend is reassuring us the ppl in charge are aware of that and really on top of things. Anyone have first or second hand knowledge of what it's really like? I trust my daughter but really don't want her put in uncomfortable situations!
TIA

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 7:30 pm
the mom wrote:
Hi moms-
I know nothing about this scene (yes, out of town) but my DD has a friend encouraging her to work there this summer as a great and fun way to make money before sem. I know the teen scene in a lot of colonies can be a risky environment but her friend is reassuring us the ppl in charge are aware of that and really on top of things. Anyone have first or second hand knowledge of what it's really like? I trust my daughter but really don't want her put in uncomfortable situations!
TIA

Not sure what you’re looking for, but it’s a very modern atmosphere.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 7:41 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Not sure what you’re looking for, but it’s a very modern atmosphere.

Really? I'm surprised, no one that I know that goes there is modern.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 7:44 pm
What is cheiny talking about? I dont consider it modern. I think she meant fancy. It is a rich flatbushy type crowd. But a frum crowd.

the mom

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 8:11 pm
Woops, should have been clearer... In regards to the staff, is it taken for granted or is there pressure for guys and girls to hang out during their free time? Is there any expectation regarding dress/tznius? Any kind of supervision? We've been told by this friend who has worked there that it used to have a bad reputation for that kind of environment but a lot of effort has been made into creating a 'cleaner ' atmosphere with higher standards. Just hoping for someone else's word besides just her!
Thanks

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 8:30 pm
I sent my son to the preschool as being nearby. I was impressed with his counselors. they all seemed nice and tznius. what she means is that people who own homes there for 20 years are Frum. many of their children come with their kids. but many families are not as frum, kids walk around with no socks, skirts above knees, woman uncover their hair in pool area, half their hair is uncovered at times, more modernish crowd. but it's really a total mix and most people are really nice. they work out shabbos meals for counselors and take them on trips, dont know much more....

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 12:03 am
Hello, do you have the contact information of the person to reach out to regarding working there? Tysm!!!

Emunahmom

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 3:16 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Hello, do you have the contact information of the person to reach out to regarding working there? Tysm!!!

917 613 9343
My daughter was going to work there but she’s not so the job is available.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 3:21 pm
the mom wrote:
Hi moms-
TIA

Very modern crowd if that’s your bag

Emunahmom

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 3:42 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Very modern crowd if that’s your bag

What do you mean?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics