Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
What happened to all the Cholov Yisroel ice cream?

Chloe

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 8:10 pm
Where did they all disappear to?
I've been searching for Magnum Ice creams (imported by Strauss), but no luck. Then I noticed that other favorites have disappeared from the freezer too. There was one bar that was maybe from pesek zmaan, it had a nougat in the center, can't find it either.
Are all the Israeli ice-cream companies stopping to produce or export to the USA?
Even the mehadrin cookies and cream bar, that's gone too.

Anyone else miss them too?

happyone

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 8:12 pm
Hmmmm. I hope it's only because it's out of season??

Chloe

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 8:16 pm
I hope you're right. I just remember them being available always.

simba

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 8:23 pm
Oh Chloe! I though I was the only one who noticed this. Seems to be slow production or some other issue. I thought it was just my local supermarket. I hope we aren't heading into a global warming and will have a shortage of ice cream. Yikes!

rainbow

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 8:24 pm
I heard the ingredients were needed to produce all the snow Pale
They polled the children in the area and the children voted for snow over ice cream LOL
jk

Production is slower in the winter months.

Chloe

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 9:28 pm
simba wrote:
Oh Chloe! I though I was the only one who noticed this. Seems to be slow production or some other issue. I thought it was just my local supermarket. I hope we aren't heading into a global warming and will have a shortage of ice cream. Yikes!

The blizzard is my witness that there will be no ice cream shortages due to Global warming.

Chloe

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 9:29 pm
rainbow wrote:
I heard the ingredients were needed to produce all the snow Pale
They polled the children in the area and the children voted for snow over ice cream LOL
jk

Production is slower in the winter months.

Lol Rainbow. As long as it's any of the two reasons above, and I know I'll be seeing them again soon.

out-of-towner

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 11:05 pm
You guys are so funny!😀

In all seriousness, I have heard that there have been some issues with Elite Magdim (the division of Elite chocolate with a Badatz Eida HaChariedis). I myself have been seeing less of these products at my local Kosher grocery store here in NY, and I have heard that there has been an issue (no idea if it's Kashrus related, I think it's more of a political thing as Hashgachos in EY go). Maybe Strauss stuff is also effected? No idea.

happyfaces

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 11:42 pm
While your at it... Please oh please bring in the cocunut pink and white candy roll from ey!! Im craving those!!!

Big Mama

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 11:44 pm
I remember looking for ice cream last winter or two winters ago. There was barely any, if any, of certain brands and varieties. I think it's a seasonal issue, and the frozen treats will hopefully be back when the weather turns warm.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Jan 05 2018, 1:06 am
I saw plenty in Gourmet Glatt the other day

happyfaces

Post Fri, Jan 05 2018, 11:30 am
happyfaces wrote:
While your at it... Please oh please bring in the cocunut pink and white candy roll from ey!! Im craving those!!!

I need these. Did anyone see them in brooklyn?

allcuteonesrtak

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 6:58 pm
For all those saying it's because of the winter- I haven't seen it since July and couldn't find it Sad (I'm talking about the ones that came in tubs, not individual bars. I really really loved the rich tubs of ice cream)
I looked in stores in Brooklyn and Monsey.

Mevater

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 6:53 pm
Chloe wrote:
Where did they all disappear to?
I've been searching for Magnum Ice creams (imported by Strauss), but no luck. Then I noticed that other favorites have disappeared from the freezer too. There was one bar that was maybe from pesek zmaan, it had a nougat in the center, can't find it either.
Are all the Israeli ice-cream companies stopping to produce or export to the USA?
Even the mehadrin cookies and cream bar, that's gone too.

Anyone else miss them too?

YES.

Any similar Chalav Yisroel ice creams?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics