Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Things to do in Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 11:05 am
we are still social distancing what are some things I could do with my kids ranging in age 8-20
in lakewood

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 11:26 am
No one else is social distancing. Everyone is out. If you need to social distance you won’t be going out and will stay home. If you are ready to go out and do things you really aren’t social distancing anymore.,

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 11:37 am
Go to a country or state park. Playgrounds are still closed but many beautiful paths

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 2:26 pm
Tons of amazing hiking. We go every week.

Ora in town

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 3:20 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
No one else is social distancing. Everyone is out. If you need to social distance you won’t be going out and will stay home. If you are ready to go out and do things you really aren’t social distancing anymore.,

Social distancing does not mean "not going out".

Social distancing means going out as a family unit, e.g. for a hike, and not mixing with other people on the way...

You can do lovely things while completely respecting SD. Back to nature!!!

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:22 pm

Most of the people I see are still social distancing. There are still masks in most stores, many people (including my husband and father) wear masks to shul, and in general, large crowds are still discouraged.

You can social distance quite nicely while going shopping and going hiking, etc.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:22 pm
Ora in town wrote:
Social distancing does not mean "not going out".

Social distancing means going out as a family unit, e.g. for a hike, and not mixing with other people on the way...

You can do lovely things while completely respecting SD. Back to nature!!!

Not really, if everyone else is out and about without masks ...

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:28 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Most of the people I see are still social distancing. There are still masks in most stores, many people (including my husband and father) wear masks to shul, and in general, large crowds are still discouraged.

You can social distance quite nicely while going shopping and going hiking, etc.

Not in Lakewood.
Kids are back in school. Both girls and boys. Large schools by the way.
There are weddings taking place in regular halls every night.
I was just in a hosiery store today, not one person there was masked.
My husband said no masks in the shuls he davens at.
I think at this point in Lakewood, masks just the supermarkets and doctors offices.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:32 pm
Not in Lakewood.
Kids are back in school. Both girls and boys. Large schools by the way.
There are weddings taking place in regular halls every night.
I was just in a hosiery store today, not one person there was masked.
My husband said no masks in the shuls he davens at.
I think at this point in Lakewood, masks just the supermarkets and doctors offices.

Well I live in Lakewood and we're still social distancing. I'm sure there are plenty like us. Just because SOME are no longer social distancing doesn't mean no-one is.

Some stores that still require masks- NPGS, Shloimys, Sprinkles - to name a few stores that I was just in.

The weddings are not as large as they used to be, for example. We used to get invitations for two, three weddings a week and now we only have one or two a month. The halls are not allowing unlimited numbers and they have to be finished by a certain time.

We're older so maybe that's why. Young people are not as worried.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:39 pm
Yikes, I need to come in to Lakewood this week to shop from oot...I was counting on masks in the clothing, lingerei, and hosiery stores...is it really all maskless now? We were never exposed and have no antibodies...

Fabulous

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:43 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Yikes, I need to come in to Lakewood this week to shop from oot...I was counting on masks in the clothing, lingerei, and hosiery stores...is it really all maskless now? We were never exposed and have no antibodies...

Not all, but many. Heads of class was probably 75% masked. The gallery- none. I think it has to do with the attitude of the store and owners too
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics