Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What do you wish you had in your master suite?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

tryinghard

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 7:01 pm
Adding a luxury that wasnโ€™t mentioned: DH and I dream of having a private balcony - with a hot tub. We would have privacy fencing around it and then we could sit in the hot tub under the stars ๐Ÿ˜

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 7:04 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
some people are introverts. they are hsps. they don't go on "dates" with their husband out of the house. as kids get older, they are up later and finding your own "space" is harder so you want that "space" in your master bedroom. it's not about laziness. it's about space to be alone or with your husband.

I cannot relate to this because my kids are still little. and They go to bed at night and we have the house to ourselves.
However if MY parents had had a couch and fireplace and kitchen in their bedroom when I was growing up, and they hung out in there excessively while me and my teen siblings were all awake rather than in the main living room, I would have felt a bit miffed ( what? They dont like me and dont want to have a cozy fireplace night together with us kids? ) and also a bit weirded out.( what ARE they doing on that couch already that they cant do on the couch we have in our living room.. )

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 7:05 pm
interesting... we plan to have a small balcony so that my husband can sleep there on succos but...

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 7:11 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I cannot relate to this because my kids are still little. and They go to bed at night and we have the house to ourselves.
However if MY parents had had a couch and fireplace and kitchen in their bedroom when I was growing up, and they hung out in there excessively while me and my teen siblings were all awake rather than in the main living room, I would have felt a bit miffed ( what? They dont like me and dont want to have a cozy fireplace night together with us kids? ) and also a bit weirded out.( what ARE they doing on that couch already that they cant do on the couch we have in our living room.. )

I'm not talking excessive but I think it's reasonable to want to have a conversation without other ears listening in all the time or relax on the couch with noone talking to me...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 10:46 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Just saw this thread and I cant believe what Im reading. im really hoping Im not the only one and there are others like me thinking the same thoughts but afraid to speak up.

a mini kitchen in your bedroom? a sitting area? a couch? a fireplace? a mini bar? a coffee maker ? a fridge?
seriously people is it really so hard to walk out of your bedroom the 8 or so feet it takes to get to the living room and sit on the couch there? to get to the kitchen and open the fridge there?
why do so may people feel the need to build a mini apartment within their houses? Whats wrong with the rest of your house?! Whats wrong with the kitchen and living room and fireplace that your house already comes with?
may as well build your dream master suite, move into one of your kids bedrooms, find a tenant and charge rent.
the only poster who it makes sense for is the one who said she hosts all the time and wishes she could enjoy her coffee in the morning before seeing her guests.
but for those of you who have only you your husband and your kids living with you- why cant you walk to your kitchen when you need to eat?
the world has gotten so lazy! Or maybe Im missing something..seriously confused.

and then dont even get me started on all these luxeries that has me rolling my eyes - have we all turned into JAPS? .. yeah I also want a built in jacuzzi, and towel warmers, and a maid preferably to hold the towels out and better yet a full time makeup lady to apply my makeup every day, and a mini waterfall in the middle of my room, and also a royal castle around my bed...

come on. is there ANYONE out there that is rolling their eyes like me ?

OP I am not bashing you and your designs and plans. They sound great and enjoy. I have nnothing against little luxeries. more just with the overall tone of this entire thread..

I have been debating responding to you & I decided I will.
I donโ€™t believe that any of the women who wrote about things they have or wished they had think that these are things they need. These are all luxuries & we all know that. Some of us are lucky enough to have luxuries in life.
Saddlebrown amother can you look around you & say you only have the bare minimum needed to survive?
Everyone lives differently.
Some have more some have less be it by choice or circumstance & some have more.
That is life. As adults we get to choose how we live.
Yes Iโ€™m lucky enough right now to renovate my bedroom & make it luxurious but I know that these things are luxuries & I absolutely donโ€™t need them. Iโ€™ve lived very happily till now in my tiny bedroom that barely has room for my small beds!!
I feel the tone of this thread is a group of women who together where dreaming for a few moments about luxuries they would like. Itโ€™s doesnโ€™t mean they think they need them.
Itโ€™s fun to dream & imagine.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 11:01 pm
Can I say something else to those that are jealous...
I have most of what others only fantasize about in their master suite (although I must admit I got some more ideas here that I never thought of and now might consider) and guess what? Iโ€™m not happier than my friends who have 2 tiny sagging beds with a tiny closet and no master bathroom at all. Iโ€™m enjoying this thread and see nothing wrong with wishing and fantasizing but I do want to yell from the rooftops: money, luxuries and anything gashmius does not a happy person make. Ok end of my speech, I didnโ€™t intend to ruin the mood here. Letโ€™s continue fantasizing. A fireplace sounds cool! But if I only have a space for either a fireplace or fish tank, which one rather?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 11:36 pm
My bedroom has two huge walk in closets, a beautiful bathroom, a living room area with gorgeous couch, rug etc, bay windows...and dh sleeps in the guest room. (I kicked him out, but for good reason.)

Sad

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 11:37 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
My bedroom has two huge walk in closets, a beautiful bathroom, a living room area with gorgeous couch, rug etc, bay windows...and dh sleeps in the guest room. (I kicked him out, but for good reason.)

Sad

Proves my point above, doesnโ€™t it?
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics