Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Tampa, FL
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 9:24 am
Does anyone know anything about the jewish community in Tampa? Is it a chofetz chaim community? Chabad community? JPF community? What are the schools like? How big is the community? How expensive is the grocery and clothing shopping?

Edit: not sure how this ended up in tahara hamishpacha....can a mod move it please?

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 9:49 am
Are you asking about the new community that is opening there? A chasidish lady from boro Park is opening a whole community there with yeshiva and schools etc.. They already got housing I would love to join but I am not chasidish

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 10:05 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Are you asking about the new community that is opening there? A chasidish lady from boro Park is opening a whole community there with yeshiva and schools etc.. They already got housing I would love to join but I am not chasidish

I didn’t know that. I thought there was already a small community there?

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 10:15 am
We're putting together a heimeshe community in Tampa Fl.
There will be a talmud torah and school led by Chassidishe staff.
Brand new construction houses in a development starting at $250k for a 2500sqft 4 bdrm.
We are working to reserve 150 houses one next to each other for phase one.
There will be an updated brochure with photos and more details this coming week iy"h
Please fill out the following questionnaire if you have more interest,
Thank You

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 10:16 am
Brand new construction houses in a development starting at $250k for a 2500sqft 4 bdrm.
There will be an updated brochure with photos and more details this coming week iy"h
Thank You

Is this the community Reb Shloime Toisseg wants to open?

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 10:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I didn’t know that. I thought there was already a small community there?

There's a small frum community in Tampa. A warm JPF community.

chananecha

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 10:18 am
I live in the area pm me, I can give you details of the area

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 10:21 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Is this the community Reb Shloime Toisseg wants to open?
yes

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 10:51 am
thunderstorm wrote:
yes

Are there any lucrative job opportunities there? My dream is to move to Florida, but DH has too good of a job to give up.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 12:41 pm
Thank You

There is nothing to fill out.
Is this a chassidish community, or jpf community?

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 1:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There is nothing to fill out.
Is this a chassidish community, or jpf community?

There's talk of a new chassidish community being built there. There's currently a small warm frum community there.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 3:33 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
There's talk of a new chassidish community being built there. There's currently a small warm frum community there.

I’d like more info about both. I messaged the person who lives there, how can I get more info about the chassidish community? Is it only for chassidim? What sect? Will they be opening a school/shul....anything else?

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 3:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’d like more info about both. I messaged the person who lives there, how can I get more info about the chassidish community? Is it only for chassidim? What sect? Will they be opening a school/shul....anything else?

There's no info yet. As of now it's only a talk. Talk of only chassidish, I think Bobovish. Talk of a school/shul. Nothing is final yet.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 3:48 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
There's no info yet. As of now it's only a talk. Talk of only chassidish, I think Bobovish. Talk of a school/shul. Nothing is final yet.

What was the questionnaire someone posted about above? (There was not actually a questionnaire included, or a link to one)

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 4:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What was the questionnaire someone posted about above? (There was not actually a questionnaire included, or a link to one)

I don't know, wondering the same.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 5:02 pm
I have the questionnaire . I received it from someone via WhatsApp. It seems like whoever posted above only posted part of the message. There is a form to fill out if you are interested in joining that kehillah. For more info you can email: floridamove2021@gmail.com

This is for heimish/chasidish

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:08 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Are there any lucrative job opportunities there? My dream is to move to Florida, but DH has too good of a job to give up.

Same!

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 8:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does anyone know anything about the jewish community in Tampa? Is it a chofetz chaim community? Chabad community? JPF community? What are the schools like? How big is the community? How expensive is the grocery and clothing shopping?

Hi! I live nearby (relatively-- an hour away is nearby in Florida, to give you a feel for how much everything is spread out here!).

There are two Chabads there-- just as a heads up, one is a legit institute and the other is a mushroom, so there are some "politics."

There are also two JCCs (north and south). From what I understand, both have daycares (although I couldn't tell you if it's fitting for a frum child or not). There's a school (Hillel Academy maybe?) that is for elementary through middle school. Very pluralistic and egalitarian.. not very frum. They were planning on building a daycare as well. Always looking to hire.

There is also a more frum school by one of the Chabad houses. Hebrew Academy of Tampa Bay, a Montessori School. Very nice building and people there. Toddler through middle school

There are 3 mikvaos, plus two in the adjacent county (Sarasota).

Clothing prices are pretty much the same as the rest of Florida. You have TJ Maxx, Target, Ross, etc etc. Not too expensive, plus I believe there are outlets nearby.

For food you have a few choices! There are no restaurants as of yet, but there is a Winn Dixie on Swann Ave that sells Cholov Yisroel dairy, chassidishe meat, yoshon/pas crackers/breads, etc. There's also KosherKaddy which is an online shop that delivers chassidishe meat, Cholov Yisroel cheese, kosher fish, etc straight to your door-- I highly recommend them! There is a shop called Joel's, too. They are NOT glatt/kosher, please do not buy their meat or premade products! However, they do sell many kosher (often Israeli) products like wine and brands like pereg, streit's, etc. Otherwise, depending on which Publix (your general Florida supermarket) or Walmart you visit, they have different kosher sections with things like matzah, grape juice, Bamba, etc (if you're lucky, sometimes they have Empire chickens/turkey, pas cookies/cakes, frozen gefilte loaves, chopped liver, Klik chocolate, etc). You also have Costco/BJs/TJs which have varying levels of CY cheese, pas breads, kosher meat, etc.

Anyway thanks for reading my megillah! Need to charge my phone now but I'll try to answer any other questions you may have later.

Edit: updated information on Hebrew Academy of Tampa Bay (Chabad school)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 8:15 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Hi! I live nearby (relatively-- an hour away is nearby in Florida, to give you a feel for how much everything is spread out here!).

There are two Chabads there-- just as a heads up, one is a legit institute and the other is a mushroom, so there are some "politics."

There are also two JCCs (north and south). From what I understand, both have daycares (although I couldn't tell you if it's fitting for a frum child or not). There's a school (Hillel Academy maybe?) that is for elementary through middle school. Very pluralistic and egalitarian.. not very frum. They were planning on building a daycare as well. Always looking to hire.

I think there is also a more frum school by one of the Chabad houses, but I'm not sure of their range of grades.

There are 3 mikvaos, plus two in the adjacent county (Sarasota).

Clothing prices are pretty much the same as the rest of Florida. You have TJ Maxx, Target, Ross, etc etc. Not too expensive, plus I believe there are outlets nearby.

For food you have a few choices! There are no restaurants as of yet, but there is a Winn Dixie on Swann Ave that sells Cholov Yisroel dairy, chassidishe meat, yoshon/pas crackers/breads, etc. There's also KosherKaddy which is an online shop that delivers chassidishe meat, Cholov Yisroel cheese, kosher fish, etc straight to your door-- I highly recommend them! There is a shop called Joel's, too. They are NOT glatt/kosher, please do not buy their meat or premade products! However, they do sell many kosher (often Israeli) products like wine and brands like pereg, streit's, etc. Otherwise, depending on which Publix (your general Florida supermarket) or Walmart you visit, they have different kosher sections with things like matzah, grape juice, Bamba, etc (if you're lucky, sometimes they have Empire chickens/turkey, pas cookies/cakes, frozen gefilte loaves, chopped liver, Klik chocolate, etc). You also have Costco/BJs/TJs which have varying levels of CY cheese, pas breads, kosher meat, etc.

Anyway thanks for reading my megillah! Need to charge my phone now but I'll try to answer any other questions you may have later.

Oh wow, that’s amazing!!! So you are to Tampa what west palm is to Miami? Where do YOU live, and what kind of community is there where you are?
Also, I just want to say.....PUBLIX IS THE BEST!!! (I grew up in south Fl)

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 8:40 pm
I am dreaming of joining a community like that! Chassidish, out of town, cheap housing, no income tax... Sounds like a dream come true!
The only thing keeping me back here is that it's SO FAR from my family (in the tristate area).

Does anyone know what part of Tampa? Also, will the houses be single family with yards? (A girl can dream...)
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics