Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Designing children's bedrooms

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 5:26 pm
My family is hopefully moving from an apartment (where we've been living since marraige) to our first home. I am looking forward to "decorating" the kids rooms according to gender, getting new linen and possibly beds and furniture.
Right now, my two oldest sleep on a highriser, no headboard, and the linen is getting old.
Problem is that I am not exactly an interior designer, and would love to browse other peoples bedrooms (to see colour schemes, bed set ups etc)
Also, I like to shop around for a good deal, and can't imagine splurging on childrens linen. I take pride in buying things that look more expensive than they are.

So I ask you,
where can I buy comfortable linen that I can put straight on the bed from the dryer? (I don't iron linen!) What is the difference between twin size and twin xl?
Any sites to browse to keep my creative juices flowing?
Any other tips regarding setting up kids bedrooms?I

PS. My kids are all under 9 yrs old

-Sunnygirl

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 5:34 pm
The family first magazine had an article about designing kids' bedrooms this week!
you can try checking out close out connections for linen, they have a store in BP. Getting cute throw pillows and throw blankets to decorate their beds, hanging up nice canvas picture of each child next to their bed also looks nice...
Enjoy! and Hatzlacha with your move

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 5:35 pm
Pinterest is a great resource for this stuff. Put it (example) little girl bedroom ideas and you’ll be busy scrolling for days.

tweety1

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 5:44 pm
I wanted a picture for my kids room but the pictures I saw were more than I wanted to spend. I'm making an adorable diamond painting. I making one for each of my kids rooms.
Furniture I don't have yet. I bought linen by next direct and by Amazon. I matched the paint according to the linen. I didn't do anything fancy cuz I was on a budget. I didnt decide in one day. I looked in magazines, ppls houses, houzz.com and gathered ideas.

Wife1

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 8:08 pm
Twin xl is a little longer. It's basically 1/2 a queen.

Just get regular twin beds

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 8:09 pm
Ikea has awesome kids linen. My family ranges the spectrum from ‘interior designer chooses the tissue boxes’ to ‘ we can’t afford better’ and we all choose Ikea. Some are softer than others so I like to choose in store but they are super well priced and have pretty prints, wash beautifully. We use them for a master as well cuz no need to iron and they are yummy soft.

Also, Ikea in general might be a good place to fill in things depending on your budget. Especially with younger kids I find that I like to change the room setups around as they get bigger. So I spent more on things that are long lasting and got cheaper things for something like toy storage for little boys room that Bh a few years later changed to a desk.

Sewsew_mom

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 8:13 pm
I second ikea.. All my linen I use is from ikea. I have 2 sets I got in expensive stores and I never use them because they are so outdated. Ikea is best for their ages tons of different patterns and colors to match anything.. Go with an open wallet tons of food and water and enjoy.

amother
White

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 8:19 pm
I got this set, really well priced.

http://www.churchillfurnitureg......html

I painted an accent wall a funky color and then used the same color as throw pillows on black and white linen. Its so sharp!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics