Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Masks may be the key determinant of the COVID 19 curve
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 4:24 pm
maybe its time to let this thread die a natural non covid death

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 4:25 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

Blessssssss you.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 4:25 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Didn't they also downsize their health care system prior to getting hit by the pandemic?

It’s possible that’s also part of it.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 4:26 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

I mean you could also stop commenting. Other people have stopped already. No one is stopping you.

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Jun 20 2020, 2:08 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
1. Most people over 65 don't have teens living in their home. Didn't say nobody shouldn't see the light of day - I think being outdoors is very healthy and virtually no risk. But they should avoid stores.

2. People in their 40s are very low risk. That does not mean there aren't EXCEPTIONS but that is the fact.

3. I agree that the economy should open up with SD and masks (in STORES) -
SO WHY HAVEN"T THE BLUE STATES DONE SO?

Blue States will prolong the shut down as long as they think they can get away with it.
Blue States WANT to destroy jobs and businesses because they think it will hurt Trump.
Blue States WANT people in poverty so they will vote D for Welfare.

Why take a risk, even if it's low? Doesn't Judaism value all life? Doesn't halacha say that during a mageifah, we much do extra hishtadlus?

I can't answer for states or politics. All I'm saying is masks and SD need to be done.

And fine, you'll say the risk is low, you want to risk your life. But don't make me risk mine. Don't make others risk theirs. It's selfish to not wear a mask and not SD.

Ora in town

Post Sat, Jun 20 2020, 5:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I heard Italy did poorly with COVID management because of the high percentage of older people in their country.

I think Italy had a problem because they were the first in Europe to be hit... so they had less time to prepare, or less warning than others...

One big mistake was to announce lockdown in northern Italy, because many people work in the north, so they went home to the south, right before lockdown, and spread the disease everywhere.

It is true that Bergamo, the epicenter of the epidemy in Italy has a relatively old population.

One factor was also intergenerational living arrangements, grandparents babysitting their grandchildren, so that there was no separation between old and young, and more old people got infected.. this might also have been a problem with the african-american population in New York...

And also the depleted health care system, als southern bubby mentionned...

Ora in town

Post Sat, Jun 20 2020, 5:52 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Why take a risk, even if it's low? Doesn't Judaism value all life? Doesn't halacha say that during a mageifah, we much do extra hishtadlus?

I can't answer for states or politics. All I'm saying is masks and SD need to be done.

And fine, you'll say the risk is low, you want to risk your life. But don't make me risk mine. Don't make others risk theirs. It's selfish to not wear a mask and not SD.

I agree with you...

That's why I can't understand why people like "best bubby" and her crowd and their position. Even if "flattening the curve" would only delay death, rather than really reduce the overall number of victims in the pandemic - do we not value every day of life? Is not every day gained on the magefa a triumph of life over death?

"Bestbubby" - why don't you value those extra days given to people who will catch the virus later, rather than sooner?

Ora in town

Post Sat, Jun 20 2020, 7:20 pm
Very interestiong

Miri1

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 12:09 am
#BestBubby wrote:
You are dodging the question, Sweety.

Will you FOREVER wear a mask while walking outdoors?

umm... who's talking about forever?
While the illness is still circulating, while we have not come up with a vaccine, while we have not yet figured out best treatments...

Why not wear the mask???

Ora in town

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 1:12 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

I think this thread contains two important public service announcements, and I think it is important that people should be informed:
1) Wearing masks is really important in fighting virus spread.
2) It has been proven!

Ora in town

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:06 pm
I hope people will be reasonable and united in the fight against the virus. wear masks when in public transport, in shops, in crowded places...
Don't mix.
Don't organise huge campaign rallies or mass protests!

Ora in town

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:36 am
fleetwood wrote:
And cases are on the rise..unlike New York!

Cases in red states are on the rise, and they are more vulnerable for the time being, because a higher percentage of the population is susceptible to get the virus...
they might be exactly in the situation others were in February / March: the catastrophe is brewing, but they are still blissfully unaware...
Page 10 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 Recent Topics