Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Hebrew typing in Word

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 5:32 pm
My footnotes always have the alef coming out in a bad location. Is there any way to fix this so it is on the left? It just doesn't work. Alternatively, is there a better program for Hebrew writing?

singleagain

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 5:47 pm
You can type here and copy paste

https://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/hebrew.htm

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:00 pm
There’s an option somewhere for text direction. You want to switch it to whichever way you need. They guess based on what you’re typing but it’s often wrong.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 4:53 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
There’s an option somewhere for text direction. You want to switch it to whichever way you need. They guess based on what you’re typing but it’s often wrong.

I need justified but regardless of the text direction my footnote is moved to the wrong line or side. (only the first footnote is correct)

Ora in town

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 4:58 am
It could be that the problem would not exist if your master-version was the hebrew version of word...

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I need justified but regardless of the text direction my footnote is moved to the wrong line or side. (only the first footnote is correct)

There’s 2 separate settings. There’s where the text is placed, and there’s which direction the language goes. I can try to send you clearer directions when I’m on a computer later.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:28 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
There’s 2 separate settings. There’s where the text is placed, and there’s which direction the language goes. I can try to send you clearer directions when I’m on a computer later.

It's under paragraph. On my computer it shows on the toolbar, but you can also get it by highlighting the words, right clicking, and selecting paragraph. It's called "text direction"

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:48 am
Thank you - will try that!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics