Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Please please please don't skip Polio
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 2:04 am
Iymnok wrote:
There is research that shows that the OPV may be effective against COVID-19.
My kids have all gotten it.

Researchers also believe that MMR may be effective against COVID-19 complications.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 2:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm not smart at all. The more you remain in the research/academic world, the more it reminds you of it every day.

But if anything, I wish women on this thread would read about the efforts to eradicate polio. It's one of the singularly best "human achievements" in the last century. (Which means Hashem really orchestrated that we could eradicate polio)

https://www.amazon.com/Polio-O.....5WCGW

I love this post. I wish you were my friend. I need smart friends who share this pet peeve and who actually know more scientific research than I do. Heart

(Yes, yes, I know you said you're not smart...)

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 2:20 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I love this post. I wish you were my friend. I need smart friends who share this pet peeve and who actually know more scientific research than I do. Heart

Jade, on the lookout for smart, scientific friends too... unfortunately my smart, doctor friend passed away Sad leaving a big void in my life in many aspects.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 3:37 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:

Feel free to email me at smiletoday67@yahoo.com

amother
Aster

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 3:22 pm
watergirl wrote:
Let this man tell you how devastating polio is. How quickly we all forget. Want to sign your kids up for life in a wheelchair? How about an iron lung? Oh, never heard of the iron lung? Please meet the last man alive living in one. https://youtu.be/gplA6pq9cOs

For anyone who did not watch the short video I posted above - he is living in his iron lung. He can not breathe outside it. There used to be full wards of children in the iron lung. And now it is no longer made because BH we have eradicated polio. So when his iron lung needs to be repaired, it is a terrifying event.

Polio was another time in American history when schools and camps were shut down. And this was not so long ago. It is a terrifying thing and was SHOCKED to see people saying there is no reason to give the polio vaccine.

And rotavirus, which people were also advising to skip the vaccine for - it is literally a a very contagious virus that causes diarrhea (from the Mayo clinic website). And not a stomach bug that a bit of pediasure and a few bananas will take care of. This is a deadly diarrhea and dehydration that will kill your child. https://www.mayoclinic.org/dis.....51300

It takes only ONE person coming to the States with polio or rotavirus to cause it to spread like wildfire. Did we so quickly forget how fast COVID spread? These things will kill you!

Why are people messing around with these things?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 4:14 pm
It so interesting because I’m actually very cautious with vaccines and give them on a delayed/spaced out schedule, but the polio vaccine is actually one of the safest, least reactive vaccines from my research. It’s one of the ones I am never nervous about. I wonder why people would choose that specific one to skip..

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 4:18 pm
This is an old thread.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 4:22 pm
amother [ DarkYellow ] wrote:
It so interesting because I’m actually very cautious with vaccines and give them on a delayed/spaced out schedule, but the polio vaccine is actually one of the safest, least reactive vaccines from my research. It’s one of the ones I am never nervous about. I wonder why people would choose that specific one to skip..

because it's so unheard of is our circles, that they assume it's close enough to extinct, so they can skip it.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics