Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
I don’t want to lend out my pool - how to tell neighbors
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 4:34 pm
I’m one of the few people in my area that has a pool. How can I nicely tell neighbors I don’t lend it out? I don’t want the responsibility and nervous about safety! Even when I’m with my kids, I’ll invite a relative like my sisters but not a neighbor with a bunch of kids. Don’t want anyone being mad at me!!

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 4:35 pm
In Covid times you can easily say you asked your dr. and s/he says no. ask to be telling the truth

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 4:36 pm
Tell them your kids pee in it and you don't chlorinate because you think chlorine is bad for their skin.

amother
Seafoam

Just say no.

I have a neighbor with a pool and I asked her if she ever rents it out - for money. She said no she wants it always available for her kids. Otherwise she has to start dividing girls and boys. I've never asked again.

Don't beat around the bush. Say no, and that's it.

Blessing1

It's so normal to say that you don't allow other's to use your pool. Nothing to feel bad about.
It's not your problem that a neighbor is mad at you for not letting them use your pool, it's not a public pool.

hodeez

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 4:38 pm
Yup just say no

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 4:41 pm
No is a complete sentence.

If you feel the need to explain, tell them that its not permitted under your insurance.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 4:41 pm
Just say that you don’t want to lend out your pool. No reason needs to be given. Many people don’t allow others to use their pool for liability reasons . There is no reason to feel bad about it.

banana123

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 4:56 pm
Just say no.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 4:57 pm
Just say I don't want to get sued if anything happens - so no.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 4:57 pm
I have a neighbor (actually a few) who don’t lend out pools.
They just say they don’t let others use it.
Once in a while they may invite one child but make it clear it’s a one time thing.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m one of the few people in my area that has a pool. How can I nicely tell neighbors I don’t lend it out? I don’t want the responsibility and nervous about safety! Even when I’m with my kids, I’ll invite a relative like my sisters but not a neighbor with a bunch of kids. Don’t want anyone being mad at me!!

Just say, sorry we have to keep it strictly family.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:08 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
In Covid times you can easily say you asked your dr. and s/he says no. ask to be telling the truth

Never a need to lie

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:10 pm
Sorry, it's an insurance issue. No, not an option. No, not even if you watch your own kids. No, sorry.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:24 pm
No. If you expand, Tell them your home insurance does not cover that and therefore dh & you do not do that, you are not comfortable with that level of being irresponsible. Let them think you are uptight, who cares.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:28 pm
Blame it on your husband! Tell your neighbors that he’s not comfortable letting people use your pool.

Then say you’re sorry...

singleagain

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:41 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Blame it on your husband! Tell your neighbors that he’s not comfortable letting people use your pool.

Then say you’re sorry...

Don't. Unless he knows and is ok being the scapegoat. Otherwise, he might have someone come up to him and ask and give permission bc he didn't know he should be the bad guy.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:50 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:

Then say you’re sorry...

I think op is a big girl.She doesn't need to cover herself under her husband!
I hate when ladies are saying "My husband"I know it's not him ,so just tell me no!?!!!
She can say :
"no WE don't want (for many reasons!)"

lilies

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:52 pm
Learn to be comfortable with a simple "No, I don't feel comfortable..".
Don't give reasons or explanations unless the relationship is a comfortable one. Some people will try to reason or challenge you when you explain.

Learning

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 6:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m one of the few people in my area that has a pool. How can I nicely tell neighbors I don’t lend it out? I don’t want the responsibility and [[b]/b]nervous about safety! Even when I’m with my kids, I’ll invite a relative like my sisters but not a neighbor with a bunch of kids. Don’t want anyone being mad at me!!

Say the bolded truth

Last edited by Learning on Tue, Jun 23 2020, 6:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette