Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
What are foods that bless your body?
Previous  1  2

Simple1

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 6:00 pm
iyar wrote:
Ice cream 🍦

That was my first reaction, and then I saw your post!

Simple1

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 6:04 pm
Soup is hearty and healthy at the same time.

lamplighter

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 6:15 pm
I dont know foods that specifically make my body feel good but I'm learning which foods dont.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 6:18 pm
Honestly? A big bowl of white pasta, a coffee or smoothie.

Ok those can a temporary fix but I’ll take it!

I like eating salad with my lunch every day it’s great for digestion. I take lemon with my water for added energy.

yiddishmom

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 6:21 pm
Date is considered a superfood.

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 8:44 pm
I think it's more individual. Avocado can be a booster for some and have the opposite affect on another.

abaker

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 10:59 pm
For me something with fats and protein but also need carbs to feel good. Unrefined real food carbs, without them I feel famished even if my belly is technically full. So a good example that would give me energy and still feel good would be a big green salad with avocado, walnuts, salmon, and a slice of ezekial bread. And of course yummy dressing.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:23 pm
Animal protein including eggs, for me dairy is good too. Too much veg bloats me. I drink water and love it. Also I love coffee with cream. I don’t think the amount I drink is doing me any harm. For three plus years, this is how I’ve eaten. I feel amazing and look ( for me) great. I’m not one bit sorry I gave up processed foods and carbs. Not one bit.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:39 pm
A green detox smoothie makes me feel so energetic!!!

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:15 pm
Watermelon

mandksima

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 2:45 pm
Some foods feel great going down but bother me later like fruit because it affects my blood sugar. I could eat tons of watermelon as I love the water content of it but an hour later, I need to pick up my sugar levels quickly. It is so much better for me to avoid it and keep my levels stable.

If I go too long without red meat, I feel much weaker. I don't feel great with chicken, turkey or fish but I eat them as I need protein and veggies every meal.

Hard boiled eggs are one of the best foods for me. Perfect protein and fat, builds up cells. Or a fried egg in coconut oil.

I can't handle any carby foods at all. Really affects my blood sugar. No dairy.

I did a vegan cleanse a few years ago and got so ill. It naturally included carbs and my body couldn't adjust. My naturopath wanted me to get to a baseline health point to start out but I needed red meat and eggs. I never eat gluten but quinoa, buckwheat, oats and lentils also bothered me so much and I adore the taste of all of these foods.

As I get older, I get fed up with the way certain foods make me feel and end up trying to eat only what makes me feel good after the food goes down. Not so fun but it is important for me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise