Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
COVID-19 is weakening, could die out without vaccine

Just One

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 3:36 pm
https://m.jpost.com/health-sci.....4/amp
This headline is helping me push through today's day.
Realists, please don't dash my hopes

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 4:47 pm
Halivai
From this guys mouth to Hashem's ears.

Supermom#1

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 5:45 pm
OP, that certainly sounds promising. But you may be "dashing the hopes" of so many that are waiting for this vaccine to save them...they don't want to hear that there may be no need for it

sushilover

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 5:51 pm
Supermom#1 wrote:
OP, that certainly sounds promising. But you may be "dashing the hopes" of so many that are waiting for this vaccine to save them...they don't want to hear that there may be no need for it

Is this what you think of people who vaccinate? Sorry to disappoint you.. but no.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 5:55 pm
Supermom#1 wrote:

That’s the most ridiculous thing to say.

Just One

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 5:57 pm
Oh pleeeease

Nobody enjoys poking and pricking their child.

This article made me feel hopeful that there might be some solution other than waiting until who knows when for a vaccine to solve the problem

Elfrida

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 5:57 pm
Supermom#1 wrote:

It would certainly be dashing the hopes of the pharmaceutical companies who have poured billions into the research and development of the vaccines and in this scenario would have limited chances of recouping it.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 5:58 pm
Supermom#1 wrote:

That is beyond absurd.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:43 pm
It may be weakening but the end of the article says

"...called the idea "optimistic in the short term," adding that he didn't expect it would die out so quickly.
"It will if it has no one to infect. If we have a successful vaccine then we'll be able to do what we did with smallpox. But because it's so infectious and widespread, it won't go away for a very long time," he said.
"My estimate is ranging from 'never' to – if we are really lucky and it sort of mutates and mutates [and] may lose its virulence – we're talking years and years," Pankhnia predicted.
"I disagree with Prof. Sikora that nirvana is around the corner."

So, even if it is weakening, it doesnt look like its going away in the short term or even the next few months.
Sorry to be a debbie downer, but I think this virus is here for a long while even if it weakens.
There are stills spikes all over the world, so not gone by a long shot yet.

Just One

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:47 pm
The article quoted two experts. The first one believes that the virus is ebbing and will disappear within a short time. The second one is of the opinion you quoted
I choose to believe the former if only to protect my sanity

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:47 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
It may be weakening but the end of the article says

"...called the idea "optimistic in the short term," adding that he didn't expect it would die out so quickly.
"It will if it has no one to infect. If we have a successful vaccine then we'll be able to do what we did with smallpox. But because it's so infectious and widespread, it won't go away for a very long time," he said.
"My estimate is ranging from 'never' to – if we are really lucky and it sort of mutates and mutates [and] may lose its virulence – we're talking years and years," Pankhnia predicted.
"I disagree with Prof. Sikora that nirvana is around the corner."

So, even if it is weakening, it doesnt look like its going away in the short term or even the next few months.
Sorry to be a debbie downer, but I think this virus is here for a long while even if it weakens.
There are stills spikes all over the world, so not gone by a long shot yet.

But I do wonder if the places that are having spikes now are having the same type of medical emergency we had In NY with patients turning so critical so fast. While the cases are climbing are the patients as sick? Or is it more flu like. IMHO I think that’s a critical piece of info and I wish I had an answer....

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:58 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
But I do wonder if the places that are having spikes now are having the same type of medical emergency we had In NY with patients turning so critical so fast. While the cases are climbing are the patients as sick? Or is it more flu like. IMHO I think that’s a critical piece of info and I wish I had an answer....

From my limited observations, it does look like there are less sick patients across the US, but that might be because it's summer?

In Brazil (where it's now winter), the hospitalizations keep increasing.

Stars

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 8:13 pm
Supermom#1 wrote:

Hahaha

I'll counter you.

Didn't you hear? The producers of the coronavirus halted production until they can figure out how to make it cause autism.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 9:02 pm
Just One wrote:
The article quoted two experts. The first one believes that the virus is ebbing and will disappear within a short time. The second one is of the opinion you quoted
I choose to believe the former if only to protect my sanity

I would like to believe that people don't believe in things because they want them to be true, but unfortunately ...

Just One

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 9:06 pm
imasoftov wrote:
I would like to believe that people don't believe in things because they want them to be true, but unfortunately ...

Therein lies the difference between knowing and believing my dear.
I know that so called expert might just be another blip on the coronavirus expert opinion timeline but I'm choosing to believe it because it keeps me hopeful

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 9:08 pm

Some parts of Utah are bad right now.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 12:01 am

A lot of people in New York got mild corna before they did a lot of testing so only the sickest got tested so numbers are little bit off . But I haven't seen if hospital numbers went up in Florida I did see they were up in a different state but I don't remember which one.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:24 am
sushilover wrote:
Is this what you think of people who vaccinate? Sorry to disappoint you.. but no.

Really? Aren't they like the bike helmet wearers, who burst out crying every second that they're not on a bike and don't need to wear a helmet?

Bubby6

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 10:27 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
From my limited observations, it does look like there are less sick patients across the US, but that might be because it's summer?

In Brazil (where it's now winter), the hospitalizations keep increasing.

There are a few states that have seen a spike in corona cases. Florida, California and Texas - 3 very hot places. What do you make of that?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics