Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
DD wants to be a baby

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 10:10 pm
DD is 3 years old, the youngest of 2 children. She’s obsessed with anything baby related, loves being mommy to her dolls, loves hearing stories about when she was a baby etc. it’s heartwarming really. BUT she’s not toilet trained (is totally ready but wants to wear diapers like a baby) has no plans of giving up a pacifier anytime soon, and most importantly, uses her baby status to get out of things. Ex, I ask her to throw something out, put away a toy etc. and she says “I can’t cuz I’m a baby” or “I can’t cuz I’m small”. She does not like to be called “so big” does not like when we say she’s growing up. BH she’s brilliant and extremely stubborn but it’s obvious that she uses that as an excuse to get out of doing things.... any advice?

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 10:23 pm
I would baby her. Talk to her like a baby, shower her with love and attention, feed her baby food, put her on a baby sleep schedule, basically show her she wants to be a baby you will gladly let her be one. She will likely get it out of her system faster than if u try to convince her that she's big.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 10:25 pm
Is this new? Was she different and then regressed?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 10:28 pm
Not new. It’s just the way she is. I tried babying her and she loved it. She would let me hold her all day if I could.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics