Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Tuition and Covid question

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 12:32 am
We live in LA and send our kids to the local yeshiva which costs $16,000 per kid per year (that's already including financial aid). When the school shut down in March we continued to pay out our full FACTS tuition contract, as most others did as well. My question is regarding next year. If CH"V schools were to shut down again next year, say even earlier like October, November, or whenever, we would once again be stuck in a FACTS contract paying out the tuition for the remainder of the year. My kids are 5 and 6 and yes they had zoom, but at this young age it was pretty pointless and they could barely sit more than 20 minutes. That's over $3000 a month for 20 minutes of zoom. I understand this is a crisis and I was fine paying out this year's tuition from March on because it was the right thing to do and we didn't really have a choice because we were in a FACTS contract. But to do that again a whole other year? How is everyone else dealing with this potential but seemingly very likely scenario?

PS. I could just homeschool both of them next year but then I can't work and my kids would be the only kids in their classes to not move ahead with their grades. All other parents have registered and don't seem to be as bothered by this. Is it just me?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children