Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
A friend's business

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 12:02 am
A friend of mine found a store that sells house items for very cheap. She buys in bulk and resells online to others. I know of the store and have bought some things there myself and was thinking of buying these items and marketing them to a community that is over an hour away from where we live and she would have no reach there anyway.

Do you think this is the right thing to do?

She is a very confrontational person in general and talks bad about people all the time. Our kids are friends and I don't want to get on her bad side but also think that even though it is her idea I would be doing this in a totally different area to totally different people.

What do you think?

zaq

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 7:48 am
AYLOR. The halachic issue of hassagat g'vul is complex, but here it seems to be further complicated by your personal relationship. Get the halachic implications straightened out first. Then, if you get the go-ahead from a halachic advisor, decide whether or not you want to allow your fear of this person's attitude get in the way of your parnassah.

SYA

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:23 am
As Zaq said: ask your Rov.

There are also these points to consider.
Did she show you where the store is our did you find it on your own before she opened her business?
Also is she slowly looking to expand and had long term plans to market the area you're considering? People can sometimes start small with a long term plan of expanding.

amother
White

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:54 am
That sounds very risky.
It’s not about what’s right or wrong. Picture her reaction if she finds out.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:37 am
If she's reselling online, how is she limited to a certain area/ community?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics