Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Second Wave is Here?
Previous  1  2

etky

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:33 am
Success10 wrote:
"436 new confirmed cases of coronavirus in 24 hours" - Arutz 7 today
Right now, B"H no one is in serious condition...yet. Reason:
This new wave is spread among the younger crowd, and school kids. They generally don't have extreme cases at all. But they will be (already are) spreading it to the older crowd, and we will possibly see more hospitalizations in the coming week/weeks. I hope that's not the case, but don't let the current numbers fool you.

This is true.
On the other hand, there have already in this 'second wave' been quite a few nursing homes infected with the virus, yet mortality and even the number of severe cases hasn't risen significantly.
I don't know why this is the case or what it portends or not but so far we are not seeing the same severity of disease as in the first wave.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:46 am
I don't understand why my daughter's seminary is even thinking of bringing the girls in early (August instead of September) so they can quarantine and start as normal. What are they thinking?

etky

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:52 am
etky wrote:
Um, no......
The tracking system has totally collapsed due to understaffing and today the government is going to discuss renewing the Shabak electronic tracking that was discontinued after the first wave.

And now the headlines are that they just voted unanimously to renew it.
Better late than never but lots of damage has already been done unfortunately.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:56 am
Elfrida wrote:
Quote:
the ventilator wards are getting near capacity again. 

As of today, there are 45 patients in serious condition, 28 of whom are on respirators. That's higher than it was a week ago, but we have a lot more capacity than that available.

That is 45 patients in serious condition, out of 5,460 active cases. Over 15,000 people have made a full recovery. Not including cases who were never asymptomatic and thus undiagnosed. Corona is a risk that we need to respect, and follow all reasonable precautions, but we don't need to become overwhelmed and panicked about it.

The bolded.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:53 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

My over all point wasn't that I was trying to be precise. My point was that things are NOT back to normal, and the number of new cases is worrying.

I guess I'm just frustrated over things I have no control over. My DD just moved from Washington State to Texas, from one lockdown to an even stricter one. I'm not so scared she's going to get sick (even though she has pretty bad asthma.) I more worried about her mental health. Depression and anxiety are her constant companions, and she's only started getting a handle on it.

If your main focus is your concerns about your daughter, perhaps you should start a thread focused on this. Then people would be able to respond to your concerns and help support you.

When you start a thread quoting inaccurate and out of date statistics, everyone is just responding by discussing the latest figures and how we should react to them. It doesn't give you the help and support that I'm sure you would appreciate.

Mollie

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:57 am
Texas is open, it is not on lockdown

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 12:48 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Off topic, but WHAT? Surprised

I hadn't heard about that. They probably buried it under all the Covid news, and pushed it through while we were worried about dying. Mad

When does this new tax limit go into effect? (Heading to AliExpress, BRB.)

It was published in late 2019 to be part of the 2020 budget and it needs to fully go through in the next couple months. So it's not for sure, it may be get cut out or not agreed on. But right now that is the plan unfortunately.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics