Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Fed up of always trying to diet!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:10 pm
I’m totally fed up of always thinking and planning my next diet. Maybe I should just get used to the fact that I’m 10 kilo overweight. I’m forever delaying buying clothes because I’m always hoping to first lose which I never do.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:19 pm
Try Weight Watchers!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:23 pm
I’ve tried that many times

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:24 pm
Maybe it's time to accept the new you! Am I getting tomatoes thrown?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:27 pm
That’s exactly what I want to do. Buy clothes in the size that I’m now.

gingie37

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:32 pm
So stop dieting. Buy clothes you love that fit your current body. Eat food you love that makes you feel good and satisfied. Move your body in ways that make you feel good and strong. Live your life without the constant obsession with food and calories and the number on the scale.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:35 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
Maybe it's time to accept the new you! Am I getting tomatoes thrown?

We don’t throw tomatoes here for a nice suggestion. On second thought, you might want some for your shishkabob. So here, catch Punch !

smss

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:40 pm
It's not you. Diets don't work. Good for you for listening to your inner voice, not easy in our society!

I recommend checking out Christy Harrison's books.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:47 pm
I lost 20 lbs. cutting out white flour and sugar. Then I hit a wall. (20 lbs. more would have been nice.) But I've kept them off for 2 years.

ShishKabob

Surplus wrote:
We don’t throw tomatoes here for a nice suggestion. On second thought, you might want some for your shishkabob. So here, catch Punch !
Gee thanks! Was that vine ripe at least?

amother
Olive

amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m totally fed up of always thinking and planning my next diet. Maybe I should just get used to the fact that I’m 10 kilo overweight. I’m forever delaying buying clothes because I’m always hoping to first lose which I never do.

I sometimes also delay buying cuz I badly wanna lose weight. And then I find myself naked of clothing and I go buy.
I find, ditch dietetic food and eat proper. When I'm strict with eating 3 meals, (not even dietetic) a day and 1 or 2 more healthy snacks I lose slowly but surely

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:52 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
Gee thanks! Was that vine ripe at least?

Yup. Red and juicy as you can see!

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:57 pm
Follow fitjewess!! She is amazing and inspiring!

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I found that dieting only ended up working for me when I decided to make a permanent life change. It wasn’t oh I’m gonna diet for 4 months and once I get to my goal I can go easy on the dieting.

Anyhow fast forward ,that worked so so well for me for three years.

Then I went on a ssri and it messed up my entire system.

I decided to embrace the new me for now instead of hating myself for being human. Stop fighting it. Bought new clothes. Clothes which make me feel beautiful and femme just the way I am.

Now I am still planning on trying to get back to my healthy eating but at least it will come from a place of less desperation and not self loathing but more about improving overall health .

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:06 pm
It sounds like you need to look into intuitive eating. It was life changing for me. I took Rachel Goodman’s course. You can check her up on Instagram. And also listen to her podcast on Spotify - more than what you eat.
She teaches you how to be in touch with your body, and eat foods that make YOU feel good. And ultimately to also accept yourself at any size. She teaches that if you eat intuitively your body will go to the weight it is supposed to naturally be at.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:15 pm
gingie37 wrote:
So stop dieting. Buy clothes you love that fit your current body. Eat food you love that makes you feel good and satisfied. Move your body in ways that make you feel good and strong. Live your life without the constant obsession with food and calories and the number on the scale.

I agree with this. I eat food I love that makes me feel good. I move my body in ways that make me feel strong and fit. I’m a bit of an endorphin junky. I do weigh myself regularly because I feel I need to know how what I do affects me, but I’ve been maintaining weight lost and slowly losing more for two plus years.

There are going to be haters that think what I’m
Doing is unsustainable. Maybe for them. I don’t care what they think. My head is quiet. I love how I live. And today I made grebben out of forty pounds of chicken skin. I ate some. I feel great. I didn’t eat chicken wings later as planned because I was just done eating. Even though they were hit and fresh. Even though they won’t be the same tomorrow. Because how I live and eat works for me.

Find what works for you. Then do it.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:25 pm
Another vote for trying intuative eating. I recently started the process and bh loving myself more and more every day, while treating my body the way it deserves. Check out Gila Glassberg, Rena Reiser, Rachel Goodman on instigram. Most liberating feeling ever.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise