Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Will you vaccinate your kids when there is a Covid vaccine?
Previous  1  2

Fabulous

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:34 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
If itll be mandatory they wont accept this as an excuse

I don’t think that’s true. I know someone that’s an anti vaxxer that got blood tests for her daughter to prove that she was immune from the first shot for something and didn’t need second booster as is mandated. I think If you can prove you have immunity, it would be fine

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:44 am
No its impossible to prove if it works

Also I vaxx my kids but I dont give the flu vaccine to myself or my kids and we never got the flu BH

soap suds

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:57 am
Do you think it’ll be mandated for kids right away?

Anyways, let’s hope there will be vaccine before we start worrying about whether or not to give it.

ora_43

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 11:06 am
Yes. Sure, a new vaccine is an unknown factor with potential bad side effects, but so is actual covid. All things considered I'd rather take my chances on the medicine than the virus.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 12:04 pm
Fabulous wrote:
I don’t think that’s true. I know someone that’s an anti vaxxer that got blood tests for her daughter to prove that she was immune from the first shot for something and didn’t need second booster as is mandated. I think If you can prove you have immunity, it would be fine

Depends which diseases. They don't accept antibodies for flu instead of a flu shot. Nor for dtap. And they stopped accepting for polio also.

Miri1

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 12:19 pm
ora_43 wrote:
Yes. Sure, a new vaccine is an unknown factor with potential bad side effects, but so is actual covid. All things considered I'd rather take my chances on the medicine than the virus.

I guess I'd want to wait and see what those chances might be.

ora_43

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 4:45 pm
Miri1 wrote:
I guess I'd want to wait and see what those chances might be.

Waiting isn't a passive state, though, it's choosing a certain set of risks.

Unless covid19 is basically not present wherever you live, the three choices are vaccine, risk getting the actual virus, or self-isolation. Someone who waits is by definition either choosing to take the chance their kid will get sick, or choosing isolation and all the harm that comes with that.

I'm not saying the other chances are wrong, per se, but a hypothetical person making those choices would be rolling the dice on an unknown set of risks every bit as much as I would.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 5:07 pm
I have serious concerns about it. This vaccine will be developed under tremendous reopening pressure and political pressure. Anyone in the government who points out potential flaws or drawbacks will be retaliated against at worst or sidelined at best. Seeing at how our administration is bending over backwards to sell hydroxychloroquine as a success makes me think they'll do the same with any vaccine.

I am not an anti-vaxxer, all my kids are up to date.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 2:31 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
I agree. I give my kids all vaccinations on schedule. I just don't see a point in vaccinating for a disease that really doesn't effect kids and is relatively new/untested. Luckily, I have a few years before my kids have to be in school so I can wait it out.

If so, why'd you vaccinate for hep b?

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 4:02 am
If the vaccine is safer for my kid than getting Covid, then yes. Otherwise, no.

Bruria

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 6:58 am
Yes. I will vaccinate when there is a vaccine, not just because of us, but to keep elderly and immunocompromised people safe.

Angolama

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 9:39 am
giselle wrote:
I wouldn’t want to. Way too scary. And I’m far from an anti vaxxer. I think it should be used by more vulnerable populations.

Same here. There is a strong political motivation to push out a vaccine, even before appropriate safety testing has been done, in order to reopen economy entirely and boost political victory odds. The players are not neutral in the slightest. When you add that to the fact that children are not really susceptible to this virus, I believe it would be rather unethical to vaccinate them against their will.

I believe that politicians are well aware of this unwillingness to utilize the earliest versions of the vaccinations due to mistrust of the safety controls. Numerous polls have shown that a very large percentage of the population does not trust that proper testing will be done, and does not plan on vaccinating (much larger than the general anti vaccination percentage). To counteract this, it's quite possible that there will be strong repercussions for those that don't take the vaccine, including non admittance into schools and public areas, and possibly ineligibility for various government aid programs. It would turn into a politicized civil war.

banana123

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 9:49 am
There are at least 3 other threads on this very question. Do a search.

smss

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 11:56 am
I'm not sure. (And I do give all vaccines on schedule including flu.)

I think DH and I would get it, but my kids are young, so they're not really at risk from the disease itself. And they don't come into contact with any at-risk people either.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics