Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How do yeshivish infant girls dress?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 2:08 am
I am a Baal Teshuva and I am wondering how do yeshivish mothers dress their infant daughters?

meiravit

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 2:13 am
Just like anyone else, really.
There aren't really any tznius restrictions before a girl is three according to any opinion I'm aware of, so whatever you like!
Stretchies, little two-pieces with lettings, or whatever is on sale!

salt

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 2:37 am
Just comfortable babygrows.

Success10

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 2:43 am
Pretty much like anyone dresses a baby girl. I don't like sleeveless items on baby girls (my own personal preference, and I also don't see anyone else doing it), but otherwise, there is no issue of tznius. Jeans/ short sleeves are fine.

Before she turns 3 you need to discuss with your husband/rav what you hold according to tznius. There are varying opinions.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 3:01 am
I like dresses on girls who are walking. I think it’s cute.
I prefer to avoid sleeveless because of the sun on their shoulders.
Sandals without socks tillage 3.
Whatever you choose, make sure she looks adorable!

boysrock

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 4:52 am
My baby girl almost always is in sleeveless! LOL At night I put her in long sleeves with a hat...

Rappel

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 5:12 am
Just normal baby clothes.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 7:21 am
The guidelines I personally follow from my Lakewood rav are
- at 3 no pants or sleevess
- at 6/7 longer sleeves, longer skirts, knee socks.
- at 9/10 make sure knees and elbows collarbone and leg are always covered.

Before 3 they wear anything. Many yeshivish ppl dress ppl in barely there bubbles or only stretchies depending on personal preference.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 7:25 am
dresses on infant girls is a not often done in the frum community. stretchies and tops with leggings or bubble things in the summer.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 7:47 am
Normal baby clothes?
I don't do dresses until they are upright.
I prefer long sleeves and long pants (long but thin) because I live in Israel, land of the heat - and high UV index. Smile And anyways you can't put sunscreen on a baby younger than 6 months, so I just keep them covered.
There are no tznius requirements at that age....

banana123

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 7:51 am
I find it fascinating to see how different little girls are dressed. To me it's how the mother would dress if she were allowed.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 8:02 am
banana123 wrote:
I find it fascinating to see how different little girls are dressed. To me it's how the mother would dress if she were allowed.

nope. While short sleeves might be nice, I have no urging to wear short shorts or no bottom at all.

Zehava

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 8:14 am
banana123 wrote:

You wouldn’t catch me in a stretchie
But leggings? Yeah lol they’re so comfortable

Last edited by Zehava on Thu, Jun 25 2020, 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total

banana123

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 8:31 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
nope. While short sleeves might be nice, I have no urging to wear short shorts or no bottom at all.

LOL. I meant when you get your child dressed for preschool, or the babysitter, or just for a store outing.

Not when your kid walks around with no bottoms. Very Happy

Short sleeves is weather-dependent. I meant more style-wise.

Like this

versus this

versus this

versus this

nchr

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 9:09 am
banana123 wrote:

All mothers are interested in wearing diapers, onsies and odd bows on their heads. This blanket statement does apply to some women, however, but it doesn't stop with infants.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 9:13 am
banana123 wrote:

no, it's what they think looks cute on their baby. Nothing to do with themselves.

OP, you can dress your baby girl however you like.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 10:20 am
banana123 wrote:

This is such a weird thing to say. I dress my girls very cute and up to date and I have no interest in dressing the way I dress them. They're dressed age appropriate for their age and I dress age appropriate for my age.
OP, there are no rules how to dress babies. Whatever you like goes.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Thu, Jun 25 2020, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 12:18 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
dresses on infant girls is a not often done in the frum community. stretchies and tops with leggings or bubble things in the summer.

It's not that they are "not done" just most people don't find it practical. But that has nothing to do with being frum.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 2:39 pm
I def put my girly in dresses! Half the fun of having a girl is dresses, lol. There is no problem with sleeveless on a baby. Tznious starts at about 3, and depending on where you live, there will be diff norms on what that means (like just skirts, or skirts and sleeves etc). I love flowers and prints and bows and bright colors. The most yeshivish ppl seem to prefer these boring ribbed sets in muted colors with bonnets. Honestly, I think they are hideous. Why would you put your girly in basically underwear when she could be wearing such cute stuff?

Blessing1

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 3:03 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I def put my girly in dresses! Half the fun of having a girl is dresses, lol. There is no problem with sleeveless on a baby. Tznious starts at about 3, and depending on where you live, there will be diff norms on what that means (like just skirts, or skirts and sleeves etc). I love flowers and prints and bows and bright colors. The most yeshivish ppl seem to prefer these boring ribbed sets in muted colors with bonnets. Honestly, I think they are hideous. Why would you put your girly in basically underwear when she could be wearing such cute stuff?

Everyone has different taste. You think dresses on infants is cute and I think a ribbed stretchie is cute.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics