Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How do yeshivish infant girls dress?
Previous  1  2

coloredleaves

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 4:17 pm
I don't do sleeveless for boys or girls bc I get nervous about sun burn on their shoulders and to me it also just looks undressed , but even the most yeshivish people I know (I live in a yeshivish neighborhood and am moderately yeshivish myself) have no tzniyus rules before 3. The ribbed things are in - I'm in town communities right now more than dresses unless it is a Simcha. But that's "in" the last year or two and has nothing to do with tzniyus. I used to love dressing infants in short sleeve gap dresses, or outfits with little short and a top.

banana123

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 4:38 pm
nchr wrote:
All mothers are interested in wearing diapers, onsies and odd bows on their heads. This blanket statement does apply to some women, however, but it doesn't stop with infants.

Blessing1 wrote:
This is such a weird thing to say. I dress my girls very cute and up to date and I have no interest in dressing the way I dress them. They're dressed age appropriate for their age and I dress age appropriate for my age.
OP, there are no rules how to dress babies. Whatever you like goes.

Chayalle wrote:
no, it's what they think looks cute on their baby. Nothing to do with themselves.

OP, you can dress your baby girl however you like.

Okay, you ladies totally took my statement out of context.

Nchr - it stops whenever the child decides that s/he doesn't like what mommy likes and starts refusing to wear what she chooses. Smile

Blessing and Chayalle - That's exactly my point. Some kids are dressed up-to-date, some more traditional, some simply, etc. And I wasn't judging OP, I truly find it fascinating. Everyone has their own opinion on what looks "cute."

I do find that there is a correlation between how mom is dressed and how daughter is dressed.

I'm not referring to diapers or onesies, but to style: If mom is dressed stylish chances are she dresses her kids that way too. If mom likes stripes she's probably wearing some and so are her kids. Sometimes you see moms and kids who are literally wearing the same style and color shirt and just the bottom is different. With non-frum mothers I often see the same short sleeves and pants, in big and little, it's just the little girl's has a unicorn on it and mom's has a low-cut neck. If mom doesn't care about fashion and dresses simply and doesn't care about fashion for herself, then chances are her kids are dressed that way too. Etc.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 11:44 pm
banana123 wrote:
Okay, you ladies totally took my statement out of context.

Nchr - it stops whenever the child decides that s/he doesn't like what mommy likes and starts refusing to wear what she chooses. Smile

Blessing and Chayalle - That's exactly my point. Some kids are dressed up-to-date, some more traditional, some simply, etc. And I wasn't judging OP, I truly find it fascinating. Everyone has their own opinion on what looks "cute."

I do find that there is a correlation between how mom is dressed and how daughter is dressed.

I'm not referring to diapers or onesies, but to style: If mom is dressed stylish chances are she dresses her kids that way too. If mom likes stripes she's probably wearing some and so are her kids. Sometimes you see moms and kids who are literally wearing the same style and color shirt and just the bottom is different. With non-frum mothers I often see the same short sleeves and pants, in big and little, it's just the little girl's has a unicorn on it and mom's has a low-cut neck. If mom doesn't care about fashion and dresses simply and doesn't care about fashion for herself, then chances are her kids are dressed that way too. Etc.

I totally get what you're saying, I have a playgroup and kids come in ripped jeans or super tight pants I sometimes wonder about the mother's taste in clothing! LOL
I think because "everything is allowed" on little kids, some mothers put on clothing that would be very, very inappropriate on older kids!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics