Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Dressing my baby girl (6 months)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 11:23 am
She'll be six months come September. I'm going to buy some outfits on sale. I live in Lakewood but I'm not into fussy clothing or ribbed clothing. I like colorful, feminine pieces. But I'm terrible at matching! And terrible and knowing how many outfits I'll need! Can anyone help me out- any advice for helping my baby girl look put-together is appreciated!

Can she wear short sleeves in fall/winter if she'll wear a jacket outside? All the tee shirts I like have short sleeves!

SingALong

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 11:34 am
My baby will be just a bit younger than yours in September. It will still be hot then so I plan to keep her in short sleeves then, probably just using whatever I have from the summer.

For the winter I wouldn’t do short sleeves, even with a jacket. Stick with leggings and coordinating long sleeve t shirts. Or stretchies. For Shabbos you can find a pretty cardigan or sweater on Zara or something and pair with leggings. Or coordinating ribbed set, that’s so easy.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 12:14 pm
I like onesies from carters with pink, gray and black leggings from children’s place. It’s super easy and affordable. I like dresses (h&m or gap) and tights for shabbos.
How many you need depends how often you do laundry. I do laundry once or twice a week and makes sure to have 10 onesies and 10 pairs of leggings.

This is the wrong time of year to buy her long sleeve stuff though. The end of season sales are over and the beginning of season hasn’t started yet.

silverlining3

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 9:24 pm
Too many times I got stuck with just leggings or just tops cuz I loved it so much and it was cheap. Now I spend abit more and only buy full sets. Unless I'm sure it can go with black navy or grey leggings

tweety1

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 11:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She'll be six months come September. I'm going to buy some outfits on sale. I live in Lakewood but I'm not into fussy clothing or ribbed clothing. I like colorful, feminine pieces. But I'm terrible at matching! And terrible and knowing how many outfits I'll need! Can anyone help me out- any advice for helping my baby girl look put-together is appreciated!

Can she wear short sleeves in fall/winter if she'll wear a jacket outside? All the tee shirts I like have short sleeves!

I don't like short sleeves for an infant. Indoors theres a/c and they really don't need it. When going out it's a pain to change them and then back again. I buy thin cotton stretchies.

lucky14

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 12:49 am
silverlining3 wrote:
Too many times I got stuck with just leggings or just tops cuz I loved it so much and it was cheap. Now I spend abit more and only buy full sets. Unless I'm sure it can go with black navy or grey leggings

I keep making this mistake! It's so hard not to. I have a pair of leggings for the fall with colorful hearts on them and I want to keep them but I don't have anything to go with them and in reality I probably wont find anything....
Getting sets really is the way to go unless you're doing tops/onesies and solid bottoms.

#Happymom

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 6:21 am
I find that white and denim shorts/leggings will go with everything. Once you have that, some cute and fun tshirts is all you need. You need as much clothes depending on how often you do laundry. I only do washing once a week, so I make sure my kids have at least 1.5 -2 weeks worth of clothing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics