Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Ideas for non starch, non kugel Friday night veggie side?

Petra

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:25 pm
Need something that isn't going to wilt while being kept warm in the oven for dinner. Anything?

singleagain

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:27 pm
We take a bag of frozen cauliflower broccoli. Put it on a cookie sheet. Spray oil and maybe a little seasoning salt. Stick it in the oven and roast ... So delicious.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:27 pm
I love grilled or roasted veggies :

Eggplant
Zuchinni
Colored mini peppers
Toss in olive oil, crushed garlic cubes, dried basil and salt

Amarante

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:29 pm
This is one of my favorite recipes. I even like it cold so keeping it warm in an oven shouldn't hurt it or just serve at room temperature.

It's easy to adjust quantities up - You don't have to make a lot of the coating because this isn't a sauce but just a flavor that adds depth to the roasted beans so you just want to have a light coating on. I have sometimes upped the amount slightly - like 1 1/2 the amount.

I also just mix all ingredients together and toss the green beans and put in the oven. I don’t do the two step processed the beans are delicious but maybe they would be more delicious if I weren’t lazy and didn’t combine. LOL

ROASTED SESAME GREEN BEANS

Serves 4

An aluminum foil liner prevents burning on dark nonstick baking sheets. When using baking sheets with a light finish, foil is not required, but we recommend it for easy cleanup.

INGREDIENTS
1 T minced garlic (about 3 medium cloves)
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
2 tsp honey
½ tsp toasted sesame oil
1/4 tsp hot red pepper flakes
1 LB green beans, stem ends snapped off
1 T olive oil
Table salt and ground black pepper
4 tsp toasted sesame seeds

1. Combine 1 T minced garlic, 1 tsp minced fresh ginger, 2 tsp honey, ½ tsp toasted sesame oil, and 1/4 tsp hot red pepper flakes in a small bows; set aside. Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 450 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; spread beans on baking sheet. Drizzle with oil; using hands, toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle with ½ tsp salt, toss to coat and distribute in even layer. Roast 10 minutes.

2. Remove Baking sheet from oven. Using tongs, coat beans evenly with garlic/ginger mixture; redistribute in an even layer. Continue roasting until beans are dark golden brown in spots and have started to shrivel, 10 to 12 minutes longer.

3. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and toss well to combine. Transfer to serving bowl, sprinkle with 4 tsp sesame seeds, and serve.

Petra

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 8:31 am
Thanks for the input, ladies!

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 8:41 am
We love green beans or broccoli. We keep them at room temperature and do not reheat them.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 9:00 am
Butternut squash cubes next to the chicken too starchy? Spaghetti squash kugel?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes