Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Report cards circa 2020 ;)
Previous  1  2

ValleyMom

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 11:19 pm
As a teacher I will acknowledge that writing progress reports was very challenging.
Some parents were completely disengaged with zoom classroom and online assignments.
Some parents were so disengaged despite emails, texts and whats app messages they refused to participate and didn't even sign their kids on to have a zoom assessment.

Other parents were fully engaged and their kids thrived in the guided reading groups on zoom.
I teach all boys and split my zoom sessions into smaller groups and we utilized breakout rooms so the children got even more individualized attention.

I worked very hard coming up with lessons that were engaging.
Parents that took the time to make sure their kids were engaged- their kids thrived.

Some kids did not tolerate the zoom sessions- I totally respect that. Those parents made sure their kids were completing assignment sand submitting them on Seesaw. IF you are not familiar with Seesaw let me tell you- IT IS A GAME CHANGER

Success10

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 12:18 am
I didn't get her report card yet, but dd told me that for the class picture they all wore masks.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 12:50 am
My kids' school (elementary) said that instead of report cards they would have a parent-teacher conference over zoom, so we can hear about progress, things to work on etc. however we didn't get one. Oh well. I know the teachers are busy but a personalized note would have been nice. I don't know- "Sarah really tried to participate in the zoom classes- we appreciate her effort and conscientiousness to show up each day prepared! From the work turned in, it would be helpful to practice handwriting over the summer. At the same time, she has done exceedingly well in addition and subtraction- keep practicing your fantastic skills!" Or something like that. Just to know how an educator thinks my kids are doing. I don't know what is "at level" or not.
And I know they will review it all next fall and they said they won't assume our kids learned everything. But if I can help at all this summer I want to.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 4:32 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
For those with regular report cards- did you have zoom classes?

4 interactive phone classes a day.

Bruria

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 10:03 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
For those with regular report cards- did you have zoom classes?

Yes, full school hours but on Zoom.

avrahamama

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 10:31 am
ValleyMom wrote:
As a teacher I will acknowledge that writing progress reports was very challenging.
Some parents were completely disengaged with zoom classroom and online assignments.
Some parents were so disengaged despite emails, texts and whats app messages they refused to participate and didn't even sign their kids on to have a zoom assessment.

Other parents were fully engaged and their kids thrived in the guided reading groups on zoom.
I teach all boys and split my zoom sessions into smaller groups and we utilized breakout rooms so the children got even more individualized attention.

I worked very hard coming up with lessons that were engaging.
Parents that took the time to make sure their kids were engaged- their kids thrived.

Some kids did not tolerate the zoom sessions- I totally respect that. Those parents made sure their kids were completing assignment sand submitting them on Seesaw. IF you are not familiar with Seesaw let me tell you- IT IS A GAME CHANGER

Can you share how is Seesaw different from Google classroom?

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 10:31 am
We had an almost full day with Zoom class. 9-4:30, 7- 45 min. Classes with 15 minute breaks and 1/2 hour lunch.
(Regular school was 8-5:15- 9 periods a day)
Annual Grades were 1/2 first semester grade.
Second semester component was 1/3 graded homework, 1/3 tests from before Purim, 1/3 participation/engagement on Zoom.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics