Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Curly hair under wig

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 1:45 am
I have very curly/frizzy hair. Any tips how to wear it under my wig without a big pony bump showing?

superjew1

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 2:35 am
I chopped mine and I love it! I cut it to be about below chin length in the front and short in the back (like a men's haircut but not like to short, more like an undercut) and then I put on a wig grip and throw my sheitel over and tuck in each side and it's awesome!
Now it grew out a bit so it can fit into a tiny low pony (like with the little black elastics, not regular pony) and it's even better like that because it's flatter and takes up even less space.
I cut off a 9 inch ponytail when I cut it.
When it was long my favourite way to wear it was in two tight french braids and then I pinned each braid up across the back toward the opposite ear and put two Bobby pins on each side

twizzlers1

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 5:03 am
I also had hair that sounds similar to yours and I cut it into a very short haircut. I did it when I first got married and I've been married for over 20 years and I've never looked back. It's a mushroom type of style and actually think it's really cute. And it's so much cooler than having long hair under something.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 7:03 am
I have curly, medium-frizzy hair that I left fairly long.
I found the best way is to put it in a low pony and flip that up over my head. Sometimes I’ll split the low pony in two and pull each side around like milk made braids, just not braided if that makes sense, and bobby pin them on top to keep them flatter. Either way shows much less than a bun.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 7:12 am
I keep it around shoulder length. Low pony and then flip it up and clip it to the top of my head. Some people prefer doing this with pigtails

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 7:16 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
I keep it around shoulder length. Low pony and then flip it up and clip it to the top of my head. Some people prefer doing this with pigtails

That's what I do, but it still leaves a bump. Especially now when my hair is even thicker than usual.
Maybe I should try pigtails...

LeahRivka

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 1:15 pm
I also have thick curly hair. Mine is much shorter than before marriage and I use a stocking cover helps keep my hair inside with no bump or tearing of hair. It's like one of these:
Stocking cap
You can find them in most drug stores or even some dollar stores.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels