Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Dry erase board stain question.

gr8 mom

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 1:19 pm
Hi so would like to buy for my kids a big dry erase board for the wall but what's holding me back is that im worried about the marker getting on the clothing and how hard it'll be to get out... Anyone have experience or tips for this

EsG

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 1:40 pm
Dry erase markers do not come out of clothes. I have tried many methods to get out stains and they mostly did not work. My DC got a big green dot on a brand new white shirt.... it's still there after many washes and sprays and chemical concoctions. Faded. But still there.

But- my DC loves the white board. It is a fabulous toy to have in my opinion. Keeps DC busy for long periods of time. And DC doesnt wear much white and also doesn't get marker on clothes usually. Just that one white shirt....

teachkids

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 1:58 pm
What about giving out the markers only when they’re wearing play clothes- like you would paint?

mommyhood

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 2:05 pm
Crayola makes washable dry erase markers. They’re not as good as the expo but good enough.

zaq

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 2:53 pm
avoid dry erase boards like the plague. bubonic plague. they're NOT for kids as the markers contain toxic solvents and the colors are not washable. Just as an illustration: I was once at a meeting where the the lecturer was using a brand-new whiteboard marker. Unlike most speakers, who keep the markers capped when they're not actually writing, he kept it uncapped, in his hand, to keep it ready to use every moment. I was sitting some 40 feet away and could smell it almost as soon as he uncapped it. Within minutes, people sitting near the front were starting to feel woozy. Finally someone put up a hand and begged the speaker to cap the marker before he intoxicated the entire audience.

gr8 mom

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:32 am
Thank you for all the responses im scared away now! Any other ideas or alternatives to a dry erase board that I can hang on the wall... Besides a chalkboard it makes too much of a mess

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 12:28 pm
zaq wrote:
avoid dry erase boards like the plague. bubonic plague. they're NOT for kids as the markers contain toxic solvents and the colors are not washable. Just as an illustration: I was once at a meeting where the the lecturer was using a brand-new whiteboard marker. Unlike most speakers, who keep the markers capped when they're not actually writing, he kept it uncapped, in his hand, to keep it ready to use every moment. I was sitting some 40 feet away and could smell it almost as soon as he uncapped it. Within minutes, people sitting near the front were starting to feel woozy. Finally someone put up a hand and begged the speaker to cap the marker before he intoxicated the entire audience.

They now have fume free non-toxic ones.

gr8 mom

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 2:23 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
They now have fume free non-toxic ones.

Thanks ive seen them but a lot of the reviews say theyre not good dont work well
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry