Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
40'000 new cases in USA! Record high!
Previous  1  2

L K

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 12:45 pm
southernbubby wrote:
In Texas it is hospitalization. New Jersey is now also creeping up.

Re: New Jersey only testing rates, or hospitalizations?

Ora in town

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 1:53 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I have to say this, the news is not always true. I believe the numbers are blown out of proportion to instill fear in all of us. That being said, Take everything with a grain of salt, and as always be cautious and take precautions yourself wear a mask etc.

Which is it?

"The fatality rate of 5% is vastly over-estimated because many cases are not registered. In reality, there are 5-10 times more cases, I.e. 80-90% of cases are not registered"

or

"the number of registered cases are "blown out of proportion"?

You should chose one track of argumentation and stick with it. Not go from one proposition to its contrary and back.. That's bad style...

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 2:17 pm
Ora in town wrote:
Which is it?

"The fatality rate of 5% is vastly over-estimated because many cases are not registered. In reality, there are 5-10 times more cases, I.e. 80-90% of cases are not registered"

or

You should chose one track of argumentation and stick with it. Not go from one proposition to its contrary and back.. That's bad style...

Forestgreen didn't post the stats you are attributing to her.

monkeymamma

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 2:29 pm
southernbubby wrote:
In Texas it is hospitalization. New Jersey is now also creeping up.

New Jersey just announced that they are reopening the schools in the fall so it cant be creeping up too high-- https://www.northjersey.com/st.....4001/

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 2:38 pm
Ora in town wrote:
Which is it?

or

The CDC just announced that it looks like the infection rate might actually be 10 times higher than the amount of confirmed cases, which would make the current deathrate actually 10 times lower.

https://thehill.com/policy/hea.....known

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 2:45 pm
Quote:
Hospitalizations are up - ICU is at capacity in some hospitals in Texas and Arizona.

I am also in Texas, and although this is accurate you need to look at the numbers to get the true picture.
The ICU is at capacity because hospitals opened up more than a month ago back to "normal operations". 70% of the ICU beds are filled with non-Covid patients.
The governor just yesterday signed an executive order stopping all non-essential surgeries, so that number is going to start dropping again. The 4 major hospital systems sent out a press release yesterday tell everyone to calm down, and that they have plenty of space.

The rate is going up here, and yes it is cause for concern. But things are absolutely not as dire as the media is making it out to be.

Do I think the state opened too quickly? In a few areas yes. I don't think restaurants and bars needed to open as fully as they did. But otherwise I'm not freaking out just yet about any of this.

(Fyi me and my family are still SDing, wearing masks, and being very careful)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics