Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
If you don’t usually wear makeup..
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 10:08 am
I don't want to feel pretty or prioritize my looks over myself. I do wear makeup when I feel like it, but I don't want to be a person who isn't confident in her own self.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 12:59 pm
#Happymom wrote:
I wear full face, every day. Every day. (Just not first 2 days after giving birth, but by day 3, I'm back to the mirror) and I love it. Dh prefers me in makeup, and Im happy like that. I also feel much better abt myself once Im in makeup, I feel dressed and I feel that I look like a mentch.
And I also wear a sheital 90% of the time
And I live in Israel.
But it's important to me.

Me too. I enjoy makeup and my husband likes it, too. I do a full face daily - minus foundation, which BH my skin doesn’t need. I think I look nice and made up but not caked up or mask-like.

I like the look, and I also think I look better with it. Without, I look like a teenager (I’m in my 30’s).

No judgement for those who don’t though. Many people look beautiful with fresh faces.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 1:04 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Do women who don't wear makeup ignore their eyebrows or other facial hair? No judgment here, I'm not a paragon of keeping up with it. But I'm sure some women who don't wear makeup pluck or fill in if necessary.

I have never done anything to my eyebrows in my life and never will. I don’t like that look at all. If I see the odd stray hair on my face (rare as I am not a hairy person) I will tweeze it out.

amother
White

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 1:21 pm
Would you consider me wearing makeup or not?
I don't leave the house without blush. If I did I would be mistaken for a ghost. I wore lipstick always, prior to wearing a mask. I wear eyeliner to a simcha and sometimes mascara, but my eyelashes (top & bottom) stick so I often skip.
I do not own foundation/pressed power/BB cream/and my eyeshadow is 20 years old -blue looks weird, silver/gold looks trashy/ "smoke" tired, and pink-bruised- so I do not wear it. DD tried to get me to read eyebrow pencil, I thought it looked artificial and weird.
FYI, I am in my 40's.
Being I don't leave my house without powder blush, would you call me a makeup wearer, or being I don't do the foundation/powder thing, would you say I am not a makeup person?

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 3:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I see people here posting how they don’t wear makeup everyday, and I’m just wondering, is it because you don’t care enough to be bothered, or are you just naturally beautiful? I’ll give myself a makeup free day here and there, very infrequently, but generally speaking I cannot imagine walking out of the house without makeup. I even put it on when I’m not walking out of the house.. just makes me feel pretty and put together.

I have more important things to do with my time and money, I guess that goes under I cannot be bothered.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics