Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Shop is still open- comment by doctor
Previous  1  2

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 5:33 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
a doctor who examined me from head to said to me I didnt know jews had freckles

I don’t get it

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 5:34 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Gosh! Sorry op, that it offended you. I’m struggling with IF, and my ob once told me come back with twins. But he’s known to have a sense of humor so o laughed along with him.

This is sort of a bracha but can touch a raw nerve. I’d try to be more careful in such a situation.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 5:39 pm
Surplus wrote:
This would make me smile too.

It was after a long labor (I was induced ~24 hours earlier) and he was just rude and inappropriate the entire time.
Plus he said it with a snarky tone.

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 5:40 pm
seeker wrote:
Yes.

It would be sad to live in a world where people are forced to be dry and personality-less because people can't take a sense of humor. We are already generally heading that way, everyone really needs to be their own censor, but I think everyone is healthier when we stop looking for reasons to be offended.

I’m with you, sista. Cheer up everybody. Life is intense enough, don’t search for the negative with a magnifying glass.

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 5:42 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
It was after a long labor (I was induced ~24 hours earlier) and he was just rude and inappropriate the entire time.
Plus he said it with a snarky tone.

This changes your story a lot. The comment seemed harmless, but if he’s been rude and snarky then it seems like he’d so much rather not see you next year...

zaq

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 6:14 pm
I say see you next year to my gyn. Got nothing to do with having another baby and everything to do with the fact that you’re supposed to get an annual checkup. It’s like telling the dentist see you in six months. No need to be looking for insults right left and center.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 6:34 pm
I'm expecting my 6th and my EYE dr said, "6th? Your about halfway there then. I'd say an even dozen is the way to go "
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette