Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Until what age do you swaddle?
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:03 am
You are not going to believe this, but DD could get out of a swaddle THE DAY SHE WAS BORN! Surprised

She hated them so much, and could get out no matter how tightly the nurse wrapped her. Next she would pull off the hat and socks, and throw them on the floor. Then the nurse would come in and yell at us for undressing her! I kept trying to tell her that DD was doing it, but they didn't believe me. Once, after a nurse re-wrapped her, I made the nurse stay and watch. Within 3 minutes DD was free. The nurses quit yelling at us after that, and just brought us a onesie to keep her warm.

At home, we used a sleep sack, and that worked out just fine. We used it until she was ready to have pajamas with feet.

(To this day, she hates hats, shoes, and socks. She doesn't like to be restricted in any way.)

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 7:44 pm
Ummm you aren’t supposed to swaddle that long. Only until the baby is showing signs of rolling over. When a baby shows signs of being able to roll over, stop swaddling even if this happens at 2 months.
Never, ever swaddle a baby and put them to sleep on their stomach as that is very dangerous says my pediatrician. The risk of SIDS is much higher in a swaddled baby on their stomach.
Once a baby can roll over it is very important to stop swaddling a baby.
You also don’t want your baby always in a swaddle as you want proper development that happens when body parts can move around.
Always make sure the swaddle isn’t tight around the hips area as well as that can cause hip dysplasia.
Good luck!

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Jun 27 2020, 11:10 pm
I swaddled until around 6 months when he was able to roll over from back to stomach
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics