Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Should every household have a set of shas?
Previous  1  2  3

banana123

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 6:45 am
Rappel wrote:
Tell me about it. Our clothes closet is almost completely full of sefarim; only two shelves have actual clothing on them. No, we don't have a book problem, why do you ask? TMI

This is what we had in the first apartment we lived in. And then in the next couple we still had books in our clothes closets because we lacked bookshelves for them.

And we need more books. Hi

mommyhood

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 6:58 am
I couldn’t imagine not having a set of shas. Bookcases of Seforim in a main area of the home is standard in most homes I walk into. I’ve been in so many houses at Shabbos meals where a discussion led to someone going to the bookcase and pulling off a Gemara to look something up.
Dh has a set from his bar mitzvah, he specifically asked my parents not to spend the money on a fancier ‘chosson’ set as he felt it was a waste to have a second set so my parents got other Seforim that he didn’t get own.

boysrock

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 6:14 pm
I think it is a beautiful thing for every family to have, provided they can read it. I think we it should be an aspiration to be able to learn from each one, especially with all these beautiful daf yomi programs...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics