Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Gan Yisroel cheder

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 12:00 pm
I was looking into this cheder but I’d like to hear from people here.
What kind of cheder is it? (Chasidish litvish etc)
How is the atmosphere there? Are they warm and attentive to every child?
What are your sons experience there?

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 12:18 pm
Did not send but did look into it.

Chassidish. I think the kids are mostly Yiddish speaking. Very warm, small classes and focus on the important things.

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 12:50 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Did not send but did look into it.

Chassidish. I think the kids are mostly Yiddish speaking. Very warm, small classes and focus on the important things.

Ah alright. Although my son is only a baby I hope it’s still available till then.
Is it expensive?

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:52 am
In my opinion : Gan Yisroel is the best cheder in Brooklyn. We used to send there. (now we moved to Monsey)

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:14 am
It’s a great cheder for those in Brooklyn that want chassidish warm but don’t want to send Or don’t belong to a specific chasidus. It’s a very mixed crowd of children coming from all different types of families. Mostly Boro park.
They are Also very accepting of all types of issues which other yeshivos will say no to like
Baal tshuva, Divorced, learning or emotional issues. The English is very minimal.

country

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 6:32 pm
does gan yisroel still have a boys pre school?

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 7:36 pm
Call the office . They were trying to form a kindergarten for next year. Gan yisreol is the best school in brooklyn and gives the best chinuch ever. English department needs help but otherwise it's the best school. I do wish it picks up a little and people go there. Spread the word and have people apply!!

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 7:52 pm
what is boys parent body like? what type of kids? how chassidish? does kindergarten have a morah or teacher? do they talk in english or yiddish? or mixture

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 8:00 pm
Parent body is a huge mix . Very neutral , not at all very chassidish. Bais yaakov crowd. The boys talk English amongst themselves but the rebbes talk in yiddish but will talk in English if boys don't understand. You really have a huge mix. Some boys are more chassidish but only very few. Boys have peyos down, behind the ears, side burns... all types. Most if not all rebbes are lubavitch. The preschool morahs are ladies . Please note that as of now they do not have a preschool and no grades 1-3. They are trying to form a preschool and build themselves up again. They just put a beautiful sign on their building.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 8:07 pm
It really depends what type of crowd they will get for the preschool that will determine the type now.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 8:40 pm
Is that the school run by Ginsberg? He’s an amazing person and really puts everything in it.
Ik a few people who work there and their great people, very ehrlich.

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 8:57 pm
amother [ NeonPurple ] wrote:
Parent body is a huge mix . Very neutral , not at all very chassidish. Bais yaakov crowd. The boys talk English amongst themselves but the rebbes talk in yiddish but will talk in English if boys don't understand. You really have a huge mix. Some boys are more chassidish but only very few. Boys have peyos down, behind the ears, side burns... all types. Most if not all rebbes are lubavitch. The preschool morahs are ladies . Please note that as of now they do not have a preschool and no grades 1-3. They are trying to form a preschool and build themselves up again. They just put a beautiful sign on their building.

What does this mean?

Did the cheder close down and now they're trying to open?

Is it a Chabad school trying to keep in neutral to cater to a more diverse crowd?

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 9:27 pm
They did not close down ! They just didn't get enough applicants for certain grades to open a class ... lots of families moved out of Brooklyn leaving them with very small classes. I have no idea why nobody applied for the younger grades. They were forced to close the preschool and lower grades , they weren't gana have a class for 3 boys. It is the BEST cheder ! The grades that are open, some have 6 boys and some have 12 boys in the class ... but they only have 5 grades open now. The boys love going to yeshiva! Everyone thrives there ! The administrator and rebbes are chabad (principle is not) but it is not a chabad school. They do celebrate the rebbes yartzeit and the rebbes will bring in nice stories from lubovitch. The chinuch is amazing , and it's a warm environment. The only downside would be that that English is very basic math and spelling. That's it.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 9:30 pm
The school is great for anyone that
A) looking for a very small , warm, homey school
B) if son needs extra attention
C) wants the chassidish havara or environment but doesn't wana follow to chassidish rules
It's basically a very happy, well run school without any stress for parents or students
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics