Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Camp items
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 5:23 am
I am starting a new thread with my question since I got snark... Maybe because the title of The thread was called "status items".
I am scrambling to pack my son and daughter for camp. I read the that talk about "cute linen", mats for next to Thea bed, and "nosh box". Can someone please post links of these things? Please please. I am clueless.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 5:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am starting a new thread with my question since I got snark... Maybe because the title of The thread was called "status items".
I am scrambling to pack my son and daughter for camp. I read the that talk about "cute linen", mats for next to Thea bed, and "nosh box". Can someone please post links of these things? Please please. I am clueless.

How many mats does Thea need near her bed and why doesn't she bring her own?

Elfrida

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 5:56 am
imasoftov wrote:
How many mats does Thea need near her bed and why doesn't she bring her own?

I think this may have been an auto-correct for 'next to the(a) bed'.

I don't know much about camps. But it seems to me that a cute mat might get someone noticed the first day or two, but by the time they actually get to know each other it won't make much difference.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 6:34 am
My daughter got an autograph pillow and 3 drawers to keep her stuff in and a big container for nosh. I was not gonna get new linen or a camp chair but we were in bingo and cute purple and grey linen for 19.99 and chairs for $6 so I got it. For $26 let her be happy

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 6:36 am
sorry op this is a pet peeve of mine and seems to have gotten worse lately I don't know if people are crankier because of covid and all...(or my conspiracy theory that some nasty people are bored and looking to disrupt...)

Really hope you get the simple and helpful answers to your question!!!

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 6:43 am
I wasn't aware of any girls camps still opening as sleepaway rather than day camps. Only camps I've heard of are boys' . Boys trendy items are not the same as girls.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 6:52 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I wasn't aware of any girls camps still opening as sleepaway rather than day camps. Only camps I've heard of are boys' . Boys trendy items are not the same as girls.

Camp a Tehilla is opening in New Hampshire. BRC is also opening in New England (maybe Vermont). A Satmar girls camp is opening in Pennsylvania. And Camp Bais Yaakov has told their campers that they are opening on their own grounds. . .

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 7:05 am
Brc opening in Vermont. Camp naalea opening in Pennsylvania.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 7:07 am
Camp lake mont opening in the poconos for both halves
I saw ads for camp lehava
Camp Palgai might open

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 7:12 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:

They worked it out... most opening in other locations
Some figured out how to make it work

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 7:26 am
Ohr chedvah is opening for tc age as sleep away and the rest as a day camp

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 7:38 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Camp lake mont opening in the poconos for both halves
I saw ads for camp lehava
Camp Palgai might open

These 3 camps are opening in Pennsylvania.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 7:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Cute linen just means a fun looking set like gingham or chevron set in a child's color. Not the gray paisley from home, ya know? Smile It's not a set thing. You'll figure it out with your child.

Are the boys really doing floor mats? I wouldn't think so.

For a nosh box, just buy the nosh and then purchase a clear sterilite box that fits it all. Maybe the 27 quart one? Personally, we don't purchase this. We buy clear drawers that stay empty so they're easy to transport to the buses. And dd unpacks her small items like undies in one draw (that one we line), toiletries in another, nosh in the third.

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, Oct 05 2020, 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 12:50 pm
Thank you for real answers! I am not looking for "status" just what they will want.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 2:28 pm
A Lexus Twisted Evil

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 2:32 pm
Twin size? Are the beds to small?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 5:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Twin size? Are the beds to small?

It's somewhere between junior 33" and twin 39". The twin linen works. I send mattress clips for extra security.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 8:59 pm
Anyone having a harder time finding “cute, fun” camp items this year? I only see masks and tote bags in the stores I usually shop in. Any new ideas/suggested stores?

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:09 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Camp a Tehilla is opening in New Hampshire. BRC is also opening in New England (maybe Vermont). A Satmar girls camp is opening in Pennsylvania. And Camp Bais Yaakov has told their campers that they are opening on their own grounds. . .

Bnos Naaleh is opening in PA too

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 5:24 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Anyone having a harder time finding “cute, fun” camp items this year? I only see masks and tote bags in the stores I usually shop in. Any new ideas/suggested stores?

They really don't need them. But you can buy things from regular stores. Glow sticks. A white pillowcase and colorful permanent markers for autographs.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children