Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Kids activites near Lakewood (again😋)

momof2+?

Post Sat, Jun 27 2020, 11:14 pm
Hi, I am looking for trips to go on with my kids (under 8 yrs old). I imagine these days I can find a farm (animals and /or veggy picking) a safari or sandy beach that is not a tanning area.
Any ideas of specific places that are open?

amother
Black

Post Sat, Jun 27 2020, 11:17 pm
There’s a small farm in Jackson, I think called milk and honey farms.
(206) 471-0070

sky

Post Sat, Jun 27 2020, 11:24 pm
Atlantic farms - small walk through farm. Feed animals veggies. (Near allaire state park - with small old fashioned village and train ride - not sure if open yet)
Popcorn Zoo - small zoo sells popcorn to feed animals
Hallocks u pick - veggie picking
Battle view orchards - peach picking
Blueberry picking - we’ve had lots of big issues so stopped but there are lots of places nearby.
Beaches will have ppl unless it’s in the evening
mantolocking beach - there is a bridge right before can walk on and see boats
Windward beach park

momof2+?

Post Sat, Jun 27 2020, 11:29 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
There’s a small farm in Jackson, I think called milk and honey farms.
(206) 471-0070

The only info I can find online about them is regarding selling goats. Can you tell me about the place? Can we pet the animals? Feed them? Pick vegetables?

momof2+?

Post Sat, Jun 27 2020, 11:51 pm
sky wrote:
Atlantic farms - small walk through farm. Feed animals veggies. (Near allaire state park - with small old fashioned village and train ride - not sure if open yet)
Popcorn Zoo - small zoo sells popcorn to feed animals
Hallocks u pick - veggie picking
Battle view orchards - peach picking
Blueberry picking - we’ve had lots of big issues so stopped but there are lots of places nearby.
Beaches will have ppl unless it’s in the evening
mantolocking beach - there is a bridge right before can walk on and see boats
Windward beach park

Thanks for your response! atlantic farms looks like it is closed/closing for good. We've been to popcorn zoo, but it is still closed these days. I don't think it is peach picking season yet (unless I call tomorrow and they say we can come?) I can try Hallocks for pea picking-thanks! It does seem a bit far though to just pick some peas....hmmm and beaches are tricky...(I would like to drag my husband along on these trips 😬)

Didn't mean to shoot down all your options, but just showing why I am asking this q in the first place. I can't seem to find a good option!

amother
Black

Post Sat, Jun 27 2020, 11:53 pm
momof2+? wrote:
The only info I can find online about them is regarding selling goats. Can you tell me about the place? Can we pet the animals? Feed them? Pick vegetables?

I haven’t been there, but it’s a really small farm where I think you can pet and feed animals. Cute local trip. Like a minute out of Lakewood.

sky

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 12:03 am
Popcorn zoo - I read its opening.
Beaches - if taking DH need to go after 6 pm

So sad Atlantic farms closed - we had some great trips there.

It may just be too early for picking.
Peaches start July 6. Veggies later.

You could plant a vegetable garden as an activity if you have the space.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 12:20 am
if u want to travel an hr, I heard cape may zoo opened. there's also a great farm in medford nj, johnsons corner farm (farm, hay ride, picking, discovery village) not sure if opened...

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 12:25 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
if u want to travel an hr, I heard cape may zoo opened. there's also a great farm in medford nj, johnsons corner farm (farm, hay ride, picking, discovery village) not sure if opened...

We hated Cape May zoo. Not worth the trip. And we only went because we were already in AC.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 12:29 am
we took bikes/rollerblades/stroller and walked the path by Allaire state park. (it's smoother than manasquan,\ and shenandoah trails) there are picnic tables also for lunch/supper bbq

momof2+?

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 12:30 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:

For anybody else following this thread, only blueberry picking is available now at johnsons corner farm Sad

sky

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 12:45 am
Some great trip ideas - just not sure what is closed for covid:

Longstreet farm - Very small farm. Can walk around and see animals. In holmdel Park - We love the topmost playground there.

Go fishing at the Lakewood lake.

Atlantic City recycling center - gives free private tours

Fort Mott/fort Delaware - ferry to an old fort with reenactments (the ferry may not be leaving from fort Mott right now)

Some local parks have small nature centers where you can see turtles, fish and snakes. (I.e Cattus island)

Mantoloking beach after 5. Its very quiet with no stores or bathrooms. Don't go too high up on private property. We go after 5:00 because it is quieter. You don't need badges after 5:00 or 5:30 in some areas.
You drive straight down Cedar Bridge until you cross a bridge and get to a light before the ocean. I turn right and drive a few intersections. Either you can turn left and park in a side street right off the beach with an access path or turn right and park on a side street and cross over.
If you want to start your trip earlier in the day - Righ before the bridge on the left is a nice small park and a boat launch. People go crabbing there under the bridge. There is alos a look out area around the side of the bridge were you can watch boats or walk over the bridge. Its really nice.

Barnegat bay lighthouse

Cape May zoo - we liked it a lot and enjoy the playground and picnic area after.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 1:12 am
Last week I called ice cream kids and they told me the play area and arcades are open.... my kids had a great time And we had the entire place to ourself. The price definitely is not as cheap as it used to be but it comes along with free ice cream.

penguin

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 5:38 pm
Reopening Dr Suss Stables 11:00 - 3:00 , Hey-rides, Pony rides, Petting zoo, Riding lessons
240 Grawtown Rd. Jackson

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 5:56 pm
"Come visit M & H Meadows farm in Jackson, $5/person, baby goat and lamb feeding included. Text 206-471-0070 to reserve your slot.‬
‪Open Sunday throughout the summer!‬"

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 5:56 pm
"Dr. Suss Stables petting zoo is reopening this sunday from 11am-3PM at 240 Grawtown Rd, Jackson, NJ 08527.
Entry is $6/pp for the hands on petting zoo with horses, goats, bunnies, puppies, chickens and roosters!
Hayrides $1per ride
Pony rides $5 per rider.
Can't wait to see you there!"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries