Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
New Munkatch school in Monsey
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

sweet

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:29 pm
Do you all think Munkatch will do well. Be successful opening up a school in monsey?

I look at the school in BP and they are really not doing well.
Missing grades, very small classes..

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:43 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
The current anti vax school does. Whats it called?

Bas Yisroel.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:56 pm
Hahaha. What's the real name? Taharas Hakodesh?

Oh, I really thought it's the real name. They had advertised as
אומשאצבארע אוצרות.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:14 pm
The current anti vax school does. Whats it called?

are you saying that this is the reason that bnos ruchel is opening? AFAIK they had a satmar antivax school that fell apart and some people put back into satmar and some switched over to bas yisroel. That's why I can't imagine they're now trying again to open a satmar antivax. The target crowd is too small. Al taharas hakodesh, with no foreign influences, is a broader audience which might attract antivax too (as I explained in a previous post) but that's not the goal.

amother
White

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:56 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
I know satmar takes common core books and many parents who are aware of the implications are unhappy about it. I happen to know the anti vax school very well and I can tell you there are a few (albeit very few) who switched their kids there not because of the vax issue but because of the "al taharas hakodesh" issue.

I know someone like that

amother
White

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:57 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Yes they don't listen to the govt they don't vaccinate they don't learn the govt curriculum but they all have sec 8 food stamps medicaid wic heap... Al taharas kakodesh kids usually throw stones on others refer to authority as Nazis and the ladies wear summer coats.. most of times they are neturei karta... And oh the woman swim with full clothing and tights...

you've got it all wrong

amother
White

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 11:00 pm
are you saying that this is the reason that bnos ruchel is opening? AFAIK they had a satmar antivax school that fell apart and some people put back into satmar and some switched over to bas yisroel. That's why I can't imagine they're now trying again to open a satmar antivax. The target crowd is too small. Al taharas hakodesh, with no foreign influences, is a broader audience which might attract antivax too (as I explained in a previous post) but that's not the goal.

the anti vax satmar cheder is doing fine so why wouldn't they want a girls school...

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:37 am
Typical Ateres Bunos is not Satmar it is very simple frum ehrlich Torahdig families. Almost all fathers are learning. It's such a zechus for a city to have a school like that.

I dont agree. I know numerous people that send there, that either dont belong in Satmar, or choose not to send there. They dont fit into anywhere particular, but are a bit farfrumt. Nothing to do with learning fathers...

Btw, the school had many drop outs. They keep adding nonsense rules , and the parents and girls are getting frustrated. Heard from parents from the school...

Mrs Retek is in BDY
She also has her own small highschool, which she is doing amazing work in.
Munkatch is new, so noone can know how it will turn out to be. Mr. Felberbaum did well in cheder and yeshivah, but a school can be complicated. I heard that tuition will be pricey as well.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:29 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
the anti vax satmar cheder is doing fine so why wouldn't they want a girls school...

I'm sure they want a school but they had one and for some reason it fell apart. Not sure if they didn't have enough applicants or ppl are more self-conscious about the school their dd goes to rather than the cheder their ds goes to, or if they're more willing to give up on satmar shittos for their girls and join Bas Yisroel. Fact is that it didn't work out last year when ppl were desperate for a school, so I highly doubt that they're opening again this year.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:35 pm
I saw the ad for the new Satmar. For some reason I associated them with Bnei Yoel since there was no "admir Shlita" in the ad. Satmat usually identifies themselves with a living reabbe. If they don't, it's most likely bnei yoel.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:46 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I saw the ad for the new Satmar. For some reason I associated them with Bnei Yoel since there was no "admir Shlita" in the ad. Satmat usually identifies themselves with a living reabbe. If they don't, it's most likely bnei yoel.

Toras Imechu is closer to Bnei Yoel but not really.
Bnos Ruchel ppl can belong to any Satmar but their anti common core is not supported by a current Rebbe so they can't advertise under them.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:48 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:

Interesting observation.

amother
White

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:39 pm
I'm sure they want a school but they had one and for some reason it fell apart. Not sure if they didn't have enough applicants or ppl are more self-conscious about the school their dd goes to rather than the cheder their ds goes to, or if they're more willing to give up on satmar shittos for their girls and join Bas Yisroel. Fact is that it didn't work out last year when ppl were desperate for a school, so I highly doubt that they're opening again this year.

it didn't work out but none of the reasons you mentioned here is the one.
also for the poster who said these ppl put back into satmar, most actually put into a diff school, not bas yisroel either. but they don't have older grades so...

amother
Black

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 8:05 pm
Did anyone go to their open house last night?

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:04 pm
sweet wrote:
Do you all think Munkatch will do well. Be successful opening up a school in monsey?

I look at the school in BP and they are really not doing well.
Missing grades, very small classes..

I know the school extremely well. The reason they are not doing well will not be relevant in monsey.

silverlining3

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:23 pm
I overheard 2 ladies talking in the grocery, this new satmar IS an anti vax school. Didn't hear further

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:26 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
I overheard 2 ladies talking in the grocery, this new satmar IS an anti vax school. Didn't hear further

Of course.. the poster who said not is just an anti vax herself ...

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:53 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Of course.. the poster who said not is just an anti vax herself ...

Because someone said she overheard two ladies saying? LOL

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Aug 30 2020, 9:34 pm
Any updates about munkatch school?
Did they fill up?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 4:15 am
Ateres Bunos became for bessere Satmar, meaning satmar type people who want somehting more for their kids so it's nice and wholesome but very chassidish.
IDK why you'd think that about rachmastrivk. Most are very chanyukt.
BR has a shtickl competition in Kesser BY but it's a little too open (aka modern) for many neutral chassidishe people.

KBY is more open(aka modern) than BR?
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics