Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Would you wake up a toddler to change dirty diaper?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 11:22 pm
I checked on my 2 year old and smelled a dirty diaper. I didn’t know if I should wake him up and risk having him up for a while or let him sleep in it. I always woke infants but wasn’t sure about his age.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 11:27 pm
I would try to do it while them sleeping. I would not leave them in in more than a few min

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 11:31 pm
Definitely change him, although I’d try to do it in his sleep. You don’t want him to get a rash.

Stars

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 11:37 pm
Would not leave them in it for more than a few minutes. Usually if it's at night you can change them in their sleep or put them right back. Even if you can't, don't leave them in it all night.

lucky14

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 11:41 pm
I'd for sure change the diaper. Any age can get a rash. Just try to do it as quietly as possible.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 11:43 pm
I did change him. Just don’t usually go into his room. Do you all check on your toddlers multiple times a night so they don’t sit in it for more than a few minutes?

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 11:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I did change him. Just don’t usually go into his room. Do you all check on your toddlers multiple times a night so they don’t sit in it for more than a few minutes?

Mine never poops at night. If I knew he did I would check on him yes.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:09 am
Fabulous wrote:
I would try to do it while them sleeping. I would not leave them in in more than a few min

I’ve done this many times. You don’t want them waking up with a horrible rash.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:16 am
Absolutely yes

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:41 am
If I happen to notice, yes I will, though not always immediately.

But I don't specifically go looking for dirty midnight diapers, although it happens periodically, it's not enough of a regular thing that I feel I need to go check every night.

chocolatecake

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:20 am
If I noticed it I would change it. They usually fuss as I’m doing it but once done they roll Over and fall right back
Asleep

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:33 am
If it's night sleep then I'd change. If it's a nap, I'd let them sleep unless they have a tendency to diaper rash.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:56 am
I would change it.

But no, I would not get up in the middle of the night to check if my toddler's diaper is dirty.

silverlining3

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 7:45 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Mine never poops at night. If I knew he did I would check on him yes.

A playgroup teacher told me, Kids don't poop in their sleep. It either happens before they fall asleep or when they wake up-during night or morning.

OP, don't have it often, but when it does happen, nap time, only if I realize soon enough. A while into nap I don't. Night sleep, I totally would. They usually fall right back asleep, unless u know for sure not. Besides for rash, it's uncomfortable and will most probably wake one hour or the other.

tweety1

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:17 am
YES!

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:26 am
DrMom wrote:
I would change it.

But no, I would not get up in the middle of the night to check if my toddler's diaper is dirty.
this, I would wake up a sleeping toddler

pause

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:29 am
I would also change it if I knew it's there but I wouldn't go check in middle of the night.

If my toddler is having a hard time falling asleep at their regular bedtime, I go check their pamper because a dirty pamper is often the culprit to not being able to fall asleep IME.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:20 pm
So interesting at all these yeses. I never went into my child's room while they were sleeping. If they pooped during the night, I would change them in the morning or if it woke them up.
But I never thought to do this while a child is sleeping. I am very interested to see all the yeses above. Very surprising to me actually.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:36 pm
I wouldn't unless they already had a rash and I knew it would aggravate the rash and make it much worse.
if I tried to change my toddler while sleeping, they would always wake up and refuse to go back to sleep. so no way am I waking up a toddler who finally fells asleep for a much needed hour and a half nap. overnight is a different story, never happened to me.

I would change when they woke up, and apply cream then.

on a side note this is why I always applied cream on clean non rashy bums, to help prevent rash if they ended up sitting in a dirty diaper longer than they should unexpectedly.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

My toddler wakes up if she has a dirty diaper and asks me to change her. But it’s a rare occurrence altogether. She usually just wets at night. But if she soiled her diaper and I noticed I’d change her for sure .
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics