Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Please recommend a smartphone

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:06 am
Can anyone recommend a good smartphone? I tried searching amazon but am finding it so confusing... some phones have great reviews but then tons of bad review to.... and I cant figure out what to get. Also whats the downside of getting a refurbished one?

I would prefer to spend up to $150, but would go up to 200 if its worth it. If there is a payment plan available with no interest, I'd even be ok to spend more (but I saw on Amazon they only have that if you have a specific company credit card and I dont have that one)

I use it mainly for pictures, whatsapp, browsing the web...

I would like to get one that I can buy a warranty for.

Thanks

graphic613

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:08 am
Refurbished ones are basically second hand and they wont last you as long as a new phone
If u dont want to spend more than $150 but you want a phone that you won't need to replace yearly then refurbished may be your best bet.
Id suggest walking into a store that sells refurbished phones.
As for Amazon reviews- thwre can be horrible reviews and they will say "my package came open" or "I got the wrong color" or something that has nothing to do with the phone itself. Amazon has a rsturn policy and I have used that instead of a warranty.
Good luck!

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 7:17 am
I have the moto g6. Not fancy, but very reliable. Bought on Amazon for around $125.

Before that, I had the Samsung S7. Also a good phone.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 7:22 am
I have a cheap wiko and it does the job. No complaints...

It's a bit heavy to hold it up to your ear, but the newer edition is much lighter...

It is very robust. I dropped it quite a few times, it's still intact... although I have no case around it...

Before I had inherited a samsung. It also worked well... also quite robust... but you had to block the keypad when holding it to your ear, or you would activate random butons... I need to do it with the present one, wiko, too...

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:26 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I have the moto g6. Not fancy, but very reliable. Bought on Amazon for around $125.

Before that, I had the Samsung S7. Also a good phone.

Moto g6 with 64 GB memory is currently on an amazing sale for $150 if you buy direct from Motorola. That's a lot of memory for the price. The Moto G series consistently makes solid budget Android phones. This one isn't the newest, but that's ok.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:30 am
I also have a moto something or other. I really like it. My dh bought it but I think he said he paid around 150.
the picture quality is really good which is important to me.

Frumme

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:06 am
Like others above have stated, the Moto G series is pretty reliable and relatively inexpensive. I think they are all unlocked, too, so you could even use it in different countries (but double check your model).

That being said, I really enjoy my Pixel 3a. Wonderful camera, great battery, easy to use. The 4a would also be a great option, but it's up in the air right now as to when it's being released this year.

I've heard good things about Samsung's A line (A50, A70) as well, so that might be worth looking into.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:08 am
I really like the samsung a10E.
It's affordable and it's like the regular samsung phones.

https://amzn.to/2ZozRj2

shanie5

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:36 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I really like the samsung a10E.
It's affordable and it's like the regular samsung phones.

https://amzn.to/2ZozRj2

Good to know! I just got th A10e today!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics