Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Here are the features I want. Tell me what to get.
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:57 am
Seat lies completely flat.
Seat can face parent and street.
Easy, one-piece, compact fold as I don't live in the city so it'll be going in and out of the car often. I don't want a stroller that takes up my whole truck. This is also why I don't want a separate bassinet. I don't want to dissassemble a stroller each time I go shopping.
For reference sake, till now I had the original Bugaboo Bee and I was very happy with it. It had all the elements listed above.

Bonus: Under $1000

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:04 am
I don't know much about it but this stroller seems to fit your criteria - Valco Snap Ultra Trend. What do you think?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:21 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
I don't know much about it but this stroller seems to fit your criteria - Valco Snap Ultra Trend. What do you think?

According to the pics, it doesn't lie completely flat. It has that bump in the seat (for the toddler's behind) which I hate for infants.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:22 am
Cybex Priam luxe seat

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:23 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Cybex Priam luxe seat

I was drooling over that stroller based on other threads here, and it looks like it would be perfect for me, but it's expensive.

challahchallah

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:24 am
Uppbaby Cruz + infant insert.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was drooling over that stroller based on other threads here, and it looks like it would be perfect for me, but it's expensive.

I just bought it on albeebaby.com for $390! I'm not due yet for another few weeks but it was a sale too good to pass up.
I got it because of the flat lying seat, ease of wheeling and doesn't look clunky. But man it's heavy. I plan to use it with a car seat for when I'm in and out of the car so it'll probably be more lightweight then.
Now I need a good deal on a carseat! I'd love to get the Nuna lite but it's so expensive.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:32 am
https://m.albeebaby.com/cybex-......html

Here's the link.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:34 am
You wouldn't get a bugaboo bee again? Sounds like it fits all your criteria. And it folds smaller than the cybex.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

https://www.albeebaby.com/cybe.....w_wcB

This one is only $50 over budget!

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:35 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
https://m.albeebaby.com/cybex-priam-lux-all-terrain-stroller-chrome-stardust-black.html

Here's the link.

Is this legit?? Are the strollers imitations? How can they sell a $1000 stroller for so cheap?

bsy

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
According to the pics, it doesn't lie completely flat. It has that bump in the seat (for the toddler's behind) which I hate for infants.

Look into that more because I think it does. I have the double.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:36 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
https://www.albeebaby.com/cybex-priam-complete-stroller-rose-gold-premium-black.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=googlepla&gclid=Cj0KCQjwoub3BRC6ARIsABGhnyaX7BFn0JA5vA2eTcv8NC3jYFfX1O_ZgIB5sYj9gQgyFlcML8joDY4aAhYGEALw_wcB

This one is only $50 over budget!

Not worth it! I compared the features of the 2018 which you can get for 390 to the 2019 and there was nothing significant that made me want to spend $700 more.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:38 am
Blessing1 wrote:
Is this legit?? Are the strollers imitations? How can they sell a $1000 stroller for so cheap?

It looks legit. It's a legit store. And it's not always this price. I checked it a few months ago it was at full price.
I ordered mine and got it literally 2 days later. It looks beautiful.

I was ready to buy one secondhand but then I came across this site and it was the same price as secondhand!

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:39 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Not worth it! I compared the features of the 2018 which you can get for 390 to the 2019 and there was nothing significant that made me want to spend $700 more.

oh I didn't realize there were different years!
OP- get the earlier years, then. I got the 2016 model in 2016, and 4 years laters is in perfect perfect condition (besides for the dirty wheels lol).

srbmom

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:40 am
Quote:

Albee Baby is a legit website, so it's definetely the real deal. They do though sell older models for bargain prices compared to current models.
Based on reviews of that style it seems like it's probably a 2017 model instead of the 2019 model which is selling for double. Not a reason in my book to turn it down, but just be clear what you're buying.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:41 am
Op the only thing is, you said you want a compact fold. I haven't tried putting this in my trunk yet but I'm sure the bee folds smaller.
What's the reason you don't want a bee again?
I wasn't inclined to get the bee because 1- price is high 2-I remeber wheeling my friend's and it felt so wobbly 3- the wheels are small. It's great for travel or city pavement but I don't live in the city and I wanted something that will wheel easily on my grass and gravel.

lamplighter

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:44 am
The cybex is really heavy. If its for in and out of the car you want something lightweight.
The bee sounds exactly what you want.
Why wouldn't you get it again?

groovy1224

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:46 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
It looks legit. It's a legit store. And it's not always this price. I checked it a few months ago it was at full price.
I ordered mine and got it literally 2 days later. It looks beautiful.

I was ready to buy one secondhand but then I came across this site and it was the same price as secondhand!

That is not the real albee baby site, it's a spoof site. The link you provided is not a secure link, and albee baby is a secure site. Whatever you received is likely a knockoff, unfortunately.

Stores are not allowed to sell these premium strollers below a certain price, so if you are seeing a price that seems to good to be true, it is. I would call albee baby and see if they have a record of your order. If they don't, you know you ordered from a website that was cleverly designed to look like the real thing, but wasn't.

ETA: maybe I'm wrong? For me that link comes up as not secure, but if it's a different year then maybe the price makes sense.

Last edited by groovy1224 on Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:47 am
srbmom wrote:
Quote:

Albee Baby is a legit website, so it's definetely the real deal. They do though sell older models for bargain prices compared to current models.
Based on reviews of that style it seems like it's probably a 2017 model instead of the 2019 model which is selling for double. Not a reason in my book to turn it down, but just be clear what you're buying.

Correct it's a 2017/2018 model.
Like I said before it's an insane deal and anything I was looking to buy secondhand was models earlier than that! So this was a win win.
Haven't used it yet but it looks really pretty, I'm excited to use it.
I only wish that I could've gotten a nice color hood to match my baby's gender. With my other kids (many years ago) I had the bugaboo cameleon and it was so easy to buy additional hood colors.
I didn't get the bugaboo now because like op I don't want a bassinet I want a lie flat seat.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics