Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
No Summer Program for 8th-12th Grade

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:47 am
Some camps are opening up, but many camps aren't.

In BP there is no program for 8th-12 Grade. Half of my daughters class has nothing to do.

yes, alot of girls got jobs, but there aren't enough jobs to go around for so many kids.

I know Williamsburg and Monsey have programs for this age group, but not a single DC in BP does.

We tried to get jobs, but they're all taken.

I don't understand why there is no program if there are so many girls that need.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Some camps are opening up, but many camps aren't.

In BP there is no program for 8th-12 Grade. Half of my daughters class has nothing to do.

yes, alot of girls got jobs, but there aren't enough jobs to go around for so many kids.

I know Williamsburg and Monsey have programs for this age group, but not a single DC in BP does.

We tried to get jobs, but they're all taken.

I don't understand why there is no program if there are so many girls that need.

Start one!
So many great organizations were started when people stepped forward to fill a need-
Go for it!

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:54 am
I'm in the same boat in Lakewood. My dd and friend called every camp and there are no jobs. I would start a program, but I don't have the personality for teens. These are not preschoolers after all.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:58 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Start one!
So many great organizations were started when people stepped forward to fill a need-
Go for it!

Maybe I would, If I didn't already have a full time job.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:06 am
none of the chasidish daycamps did anything for high schoolers?

shmoosh

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:19 am
This is a night program for 6-8 graders and I know that she’s trying to arrange something similar for HS girls so you can call to see if that happened yet. I know Dassie personally and she’s amazing!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 7:23 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
none of the chasidish daycamps did anything for high schoolers?

in BP, no

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 7:59 pm
Have the girls arrange a round robin with 4 girls. Each girl gets one day of the week (Monday through Thursday) and plans out a day full of actcivies. The girls join that day's girl at her home for the day. She arranges the activities, Jewish video like Mali, they make something delicious for lunch together, bake for dessert, sew up a quilt, etc.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:01 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Have the girls arrange a round robin with 4 girls. Each girl gets one day of the week (Monday through Thursday) and plans out a day full of actcivies. The girls join that day's girl at her home for the day. She arranges the activities, Jewish video like Mali, they make something delicious for lunch together, bake for dessert, sew up a quilt, etc.
great idea!

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:07 pm
ra_mom wrote:

I like this.
They can also include volunteer work.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:28 pm
belz having a full fledged massive teen and highschool program in bp I also saw some teen program ads in locals papers. not sure the details
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children