Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Best bassinet carriage
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:12 am
I still have a few months to go, but all this stroller talk is making me think about strollers already. What is the best carriage to get with a bassinet attachment? I don’t need something that goes in and out of car easily because I plan to get a doona and I have an umbrella stroller for when the baby is bigger. But I want something that will last until the baby outgrows a stroller. I haven’t bought one in years so I am quite out of it. I also haven’t been paying a ton of attention to what others have, because I didn’t have a baby, so it wasn’t really on my radar. Would love to hear your suggestions.

Eta - extra points for something funky and unique Wink

momlife

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:22 am
I have the bugaboo fox which is great!

Pros:
-Drives like a Cadillac!
-Fully customizable (colors)
-Grows with your child until about 5yrs
-Foam tires-no popping or refilling air
-option for buggy board with seat (my toddler happens to hate it and would rather walk so not really a pro for me Wink )

Cons:
-Big and bulky (the chameleon is a bit smaller and also a great carriage)
-The base for the seat and bassinet is the same so you can’t just switch back and forth. You need to assemble when ready to switch and leave it like that until you’re ready to switch back.

If I think I of anything else I’ll add it in.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:23 am
Whats your budget?
I have the cybex Priam. 10/10 would recommend, best stroller on the planet. It folds so easily that I actually returned my Doona (I thought it would be a giant pain in the tuchis, like the bugaboo. But it folds with one hand into a legit bag)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:28 am
momlife wrote:
I have the bugaboo fox which is great!

Pros:
-Drives like a Cadillac!
-Fully customizable (colors)
-Grows with your child until about 5yrs
-Foam tires-no popping or refilling air
-option for buggy board with seat (my toddler happens to hate it and would rather walk so not really a pro for me Wink )

Cons:
-Big and bulky (the chameleon is a bit smaller and also a great carriage)
-The base for the seat and bassinet is the same so you can’t just switch back and forth. You need to assemble when ready to switch and leave it like that until you’re ready to switch back.

If I think I of anything else I’ll add it in.

Thanks so much! Do you know what the difference is between fox and chameleon? Besides being a bit smaller?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:30 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Whats your budget?
I have the cybex Priam. 10/10 would recommend, best stroller on the planet. It folds so easily that I actually returned my Doona (I thought it would be a giant pain in the tuchis, like the bugaboo. But it folds with one hand into a legit bag)

I don’t have a specific budget.. I waited a looong time for this baby, so I’m planning to treat myself Smile
But I don’t have anything against a less expensive one either.. I just want a great stroller that’s also great looking!

momlife

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much! Do you know what the difference is between fox and chameleon? Besides being a bit smaller?

The fox can fold in one piece when it’s using the seat (not bassinet)

I don’t really take it places unless I’m specifically going somewhere to go walking.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:34 am
Whats your budget?

So you bought a separate car seat instead of the doona? And then transferred baby into this stroller every time?

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:20 am
Uppa baby vista, I have it and love the bassinet used it now 2x.

A big pro for me is the bassinet is certified for safe sleep which makes me feel comfortable leaving my baby sleeping in it, even over night (perfect when you travel... )

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So you bought a separate car seat instead of the doona? And then transferred baby into this stroller every time?

Yeah. I keep my car seat in the car, so when I want to go out and have the stroller with me, it's a breeze. If I want to click the car seat onto the wheels, I leave the stroller seat at home and only bring the wheels along with me in the trunk. Takes an extra second because I have to open the trunk, but no big deal.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:56 am
Yeah. I keep my car seat in the car, so when I want to go out and have the stroller with me, it's a breeze. If I want to click the car seat onto the wheels, I leave the stroller seat at home and only bring the wheels along with me in the trunk. Takes an extra second because I have to open the trunk, but no big deal.

Oh wow so you can take out the stroller seat and just use the wheels to click in the car seat?

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:01 am
Uppa baby Cruz or vista with the Uppababy Mesa car seat. The car seat clicks right in the the base. No need for a Doona, unless you did your research and based in your lifestyle/needs its super important. Biggest plus the car seat is narrow and fits right into a shopping wagon.

Zehava

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:05 am
I got the bugaboo bee bassinet attachment because it’s super cute but it only lasts 5-6 months then the baby wants out

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh wow so you can take out the stroller seat and just use the wheels to click in the car seat?

That’s what I do with my citi select. You can do this with tons of strollers, you just get the attachment.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:08 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
That’s what I do with my citi select. You can do this with tons of strollers, you just get the attachment.

I had that years ago with my baby jogger but it was pain and it wasn’t for the car. I used it when I went running. It wasn’t as convenient as snap and go wheels.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:09 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:

I have no idea what exists these days Very Happy
My kids are much older!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:10 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Uppa baby Cruz or vista with the Uppababy Mesa car seat. The car seat clicks right in the the base. No need for a Doona, unless you did your research and based in your lifestyle/needs its super important. Biggest plus the car seat is narrow and fits right into a shopping wagon.

I’m having second thoughts about the doona.. hearing a lot of cons. And I definitely don’t plan to use it as my stroller. So I’m wondering if it even makes sense to get at all. I guess it’s good I don’t live in Williamsburg Very Happy

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m having second thoughts about the doona.. hearing a lot of cons. And I definitely don’t plan to use it as my stroller. So I’m wondering if it even makes sense to get at all. I guess it’s good I don’t live in Williamsburg Very Happy

Bugaboo fox is a great stroller. If you're willing to splurge, you can get a bugaboo carseat and it clicks right into the bugaboo fox base. It's a great carseat and very convenient for travel.
The bugaboo bassinet can he used for sleeping for the first few months.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I had that years ago with my baby jogger but it was pain and it wasn’t for the car. I used it when I went running. It wasn’t as convenient as snap and go wheels.

True. I rarely use the car though so I don’t have a snap n go

naomi2

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:19 am
I have the uppababy Cruz with a bassinet and I absolutely love it

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:20 am
Blessing1 wrote:
Bugaboo fox is a great stroller. If you're willing to splurge, you can get a bugaboo carseat and it clicks right into the bugaboo fox base. It's a great carseat and very convenient for travel.
The bugaboo bassinet can he used for sleeping for the first few months.

Seems cheaper to buy the bugaboo car seat and skip the doona. Do you know if the bassinet is safe for sleeping? Another poster mentioned about the uppa baby specifically being safe for sleeping.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics