Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Husky Swim Trunks - Help!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:56 pm
I didn't think my son's day camp was going to open, let alone take the boys swimming. Therefore, I didn't bother buying him any bathing suits or rash guards. Now, I have learned that they will be swimming, but it's extremely short notice. My son is chubby. Not really fat, but he definitely doesn't fit into regular sizes of swim trunks. There are very few companies that sell husky sizes. Thankfully one pair from last year still fits, but I still need another and rash guards. Land's End is completely sold out. So is Walmart. I am getting desperate. Am I the only one with a chubby son? Even brands that sell husky clothing don't usually sell husky swim clothing. What does everyone else do for a bathing suit for these boys? If anybody has any ideas or links, it would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for size 10-12H. (oh, Target doesn't fit because the 8-10 is too small and the 12-14 is huge.) Thanks.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:00 pm
bump

Stars

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:04 pm
I was going to say lands end. Can he get by on one set for now? Instead of rash guards a regular tee?
Have you checked Amazon?
Or, get the target 12-14 and have it tailored to his size?

srbmom

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:46 pm
What about Childrens Place?
I find their sizing to be very generous
https://www.childrensplace.com.....94-N3

solo

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:57 pm
Same boat. I have rash guards from last year. Children’s place. But only 1 swim trunks. I ordered 2 sizes up. And hopefully they’ll fit

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 12:29 am
Try JCPenney. Just ordered 2 husky bathing suits from them and it fit my son nicely. Runs full and is true husky sizing.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 12:51 pm
Thank you so much Ginger! You have saved me so much stress! I just ordered a bathing suit and rash guard from JCPenney and I found a few t-shirts too, which is great because I had only a bare minimum of those and my son just ruined one.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 8:56 pm
I see I'm too late, happy you found. but for the future, old navy also sells husky sizes

bsy

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 11:06 pm
In the future, try calling landsend. Sometimes they have stuff not listed online
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics