Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Texas hospitals overrun with Covid patients
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:39 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:

Actually, they are finding much less success with that then previously thought and there are many long term cardiac side effects. It's a good thing that you are an infectious disease MD.

There is real science and there is FAKE science. If FAKE SCIENTISTS want to "prove"
that the protocol does not work, they give it only to those who are already critical, they leve out one component (did not give zinc) and they don't give the right dosage.

Presto! Now "science" can claim they "tested" and the protocol does not work.

Hydroxycloroquine has been used for 70 years LONG TERM and DAILY and is considered
one of the safest drugs around.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:41 am
Quote:
The report indicated that they were on pace to exceed an “unsustainable surge capacity” of intensive care beds by July 6.

I guess we're reading different reports. The one I read said that at this pace it would be more than two weeks.
And hopefully with the changes in place things will start to slow down before then

Amarante

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:45 am
#BestBubby wrote:
There is real science and there is FAKE science. If FAKE SCIENTISTS want to "prove"
that the protocol does not work, they give it only to those who are already critical, they leve out one component (did not give zinc) and they don't give the right dosage.

Hydroxycloroquine has been used for 70 years LONG TERM and DAILY and is considered

How is everything you don’t believe in fake?

The information is not correct. The drug has side effects so it is given when the benefits outweigh the risks. And then only when carefully monitored by a doctor.

There are several placebo tests in which the drug was shown to have no positive impact and actually had negative impact.

Getting health information from right wing sources is dangerous to one’s health.

Last edited by Amarante on Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:45 am
#BestBubby wrote:

It has always been known to have a cardiac risk. Here's an article from 2013, for example. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....0572/ In fact, its on the product literature. https://www.umcvc.org/health-library/d00817a1

Studies also indicate that its not likely to be effective. https://www.sciencemag.org/new.....id-19

Not everything you disagree with is "fake." There comes a point when we need to stop trying to find data to support this drug, and start looking for a real treatment.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:48 am
#BestBubby wrote:

I am glad you think you are so well versed. You know nothing about what you speak. You read things on the internet. I see actually patients and work with in collaboration with a excellent team of doctors in an epicenter. I am going to trust them.

[personal attack removed by mod]

fleetwood

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:56 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I am glad you think you are so well versed. You know nothing about what you speak. You read things on the internet. I see actually patients and work with in collaboration with a excellent team of doctors in an epicenter. I am going to trust them.

[Personal attack removed by mod.]

I can't like this enough!

[Since this was posted before the personal attack was removed, this is "dangerously close."]

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:56 am
Amarante wrote:
What appears to be occurring is that younger people were engaging in riskier behavior so more of the, got sick. However inevitably they will infect those who they interact with unless those people protect themselves.

My friend’s mother in law is in an assisted living in Boca. They were locked down for awhile but in the past few weeks, the residents began going out. She just told me that there is the first reported case which means the disease is now going to infect the more vulnerable people who didn’t head out immediately to bars and restaurants.

New Jersey just postponed indoor dining and NY is thinking of doing the same. NY or Cuomo is also upset that people are gathering outdoors for drinking and eating and thinking of stopping it. However, the protests/riots are still not being cancelled at all. So young people engaging in risky protests are not being affected but young people gathering to drink and dine is causing a spike in coronavirus? Sorry but I find this difficult to believe especially since testers are not allowed to ask if the person being tested went to a protest/riot. So its disingenuous to claim that young people are getting it for engaging in risky behavior when we dont really know the truth of where they are really getting it or who they were exposed to.

Amarante

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:01 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
New Jersey just postponed indoor dining and NY is thinking of doing the same. NY or Cuomo is also upset that people are gathering outdoors for drinking and eating and thinking of stopping it. However, the protests/riots are still not being cancelled at all. So young people engaging in risky protests are not being affected but young people gathering to drink and dine is causing a spike in coronavirus? Sorry but I find this difficult to believe especially since testers are not allowed to ask if the person being tested went to a protest/riot. So its disingenuous to claim that young people are getting it for engaging in risky behavior when we dont really know the truth of where they are really getting it or who they were exposed to.

I don’t want to get political but bars and indoor restaurants are riskier than an outdoor protest.

People who are eating and drinking don’t wear masks. Alcohol makes people less likely to socially distance. The purpose of going to a bar is to NOT socially distance.

So far there have not been spikes in many areas in which there were protests only although that is not to say that protests were not without risk.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:03 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
So we should NEVER re-open, right???

Fact: TEMPORARY lockdowns do not STOP the spread of a virus - it only SLOWS it
down in order to "flatten the curve".

Insane Democrats tried calling for Lockdowns until there was a vaccine but the
American People said NO.

Thank G-d, there are still some sane Americans left.

I would say that halacha in this instance aligns more in line with the Democrats than with your view. I'm not refering to States where the crisis has passed, but those where infections are rising should definitely be taking strict precautions, halachically. Saving a life always takes predence over anything. I suggest you read up on R' Akiva Eiger's halachic rulings during the Cholera epidemic, which were credited with saving many lives.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:04 pm
Amarante wrote:
I don’t want to get political but bars and indoor restaurants are riskier than an outdoor protest.

People who are eating and drinking don’t wear masks. Alcohol makes people less likely to socially distance. The purpose of going to a bar is to NOT socially distance.

So far there have not been spikes in many areas in which there were protests only although that is not to say that protests were not without risk.

It looks like members of the national guard who responded to the protests/riots tested positive for coronavirus. I find it difficult to believe that coronavirus is so smart that it "only" affected the national guard but not the protesters themselves. https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/new.....noted

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:08 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:

I find you so toxic and harmful-spreading falsehoods which comprise the safety of others.

I believe Zelenko's accurate dose and all 3 things given together IS proven. In KJ only 14 people died of the virus out of thousands who already had it. Basically nearly everyone in KJ had the virus and only 14 died because most were treated by Zelenko.

No official study tried his exact cocktail AND dose, AND given as soon as one gets the virus.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:10 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
I believe Zelenko's accurate dose and all 3 things given together IS proven. In KJ only 14 people died of the virus out of thousands who already had it. Basically nearly everyone in KJ had the virus and only 14 died because most were treated by Zelenko.

No official study tried his exact cocktail AND dose, AND given as soon as one gets the virus.

Anecdotal evidence means nothing. KJ's population skews very young so it makes sense they didn't have many deaths.

gold21

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:44 pm
Ora in town wrote:
If they are at 100% capacity, and they have 5000 new cases a day, where will they put the 700 new patients who need intensive care in the course of this week? And the week after?

And then will there be people who complain about neglect in hospital? Because personal is overrun and can't cope? And whose fault will it be? The nurse's fault? or the Governor's?

They tested the hospital population (not suspected of having Covid) and found 47% positive...

I wouldn't assume that such a high percentage of the positive covid cases will need urgent care.

gold21

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:46 pm
Amarante wrote:
How is everything you don’t believe in fake?

The information is not correct. The drug has side effects so it is given when the benefits outweigh the risks. And then only when carefully monitored by a doctor.

There are several placebo tests in which the drug was shown to have no positive impact and actually had negative impact.

Getting health information from right wing sources is dangerous to one’s health.

That any health information can be considered "left wing" or "right wing" is dangerous to this country. Healthcare shouldn't be political.

Amarante

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:09 pm
gold21 wrote:
That any health information can be considered "left wing" or "right wing" is dangerous to this country. Healthcare shouldn't be political.

If you are attempting to criticize me, I believe that science is apolitical. I get my information from apolitical sources unless you believe that Public Health departments of various states and governments, Dr. Faucci, CDC and studies released by reputable institutions are "left wing" or political in some way. I don't get my factual information from OPED or political commentators of any.political suasion.

However, it has been shown that right wing news sources such as Fox consistently underplayed the danger of Covid-19 and that this correlates with posters on imamother who parrot right wing news seem to be Johnny on the spot in terms of denying the need for masks or denied that Covid was more dangerous than flu - and still do attempt to show that Covid deaths are insignificant in some way. Some have posted that the coverage of Covid is a plot to destroy the Trump administration for example.

When I posted this, one of the posters attacked it as because the Washington Post is a source of "fake news". DD She had obviously not bothered to read the article which merely reported the findings of two findings from reputable research organizations and a poll. Refusing to even read and consider information which doesn't conform to one's belief system isn't doesn't enable one to learn or have meaningful dialogues about anything.

https://www.washingtonpost.com.....tion/

In April, Kathleen Hall Jamieson of the Annenberg Public Policy Center and Dolores Albarracin of the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign published a peer-reviewed study examining how Americans’ media diets affected their beliefs about the coronavirus.

“We are receiving an incredible number of studies and solid data showing that consuming far-right media and social media content was strongly associated with low concern about the virus at the onset of the pandemic,” said Irene Pasquetto, chief editor of the Harvard Kennedy School Misinformation Review, which published one of the studies.

Administering a nationally representative phone survey with 1,008 respondents, they found that people who got most of their information from mainstream print and broadcast outlets tended to have an accurate assessment of the severity of the pandemic and their risks of infection. But those who relied on conservative sources, such as Fox News and Rush Limbaugh, were more likely to believe in conspiracy theories or unfounded rumors, such as the belief that taking vitamin C could prevent infection, that the Chinese government had created the virus, and that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention exaggerated the pandemic’s threat “to damage the Trump presidency.”

These findings held even after controlling for viewers’ political affiliation, education, gender and age.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:11 pm
gold21 wrote:
I wouldn't assume that such a high percentage of the positive covid cases will need urgent care.

If she's assuming 7000 cases per day, 500 new ICU admissions means only 2% ICU.

Hospitals do have some ability to shift regular beds to ICU. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

gold21

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:16 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
If she's assuming 7000 cases per day, 500 new ICU admissions means only 2% ICU.

Hospitals do have some ability to shift regular beds to ICU. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

She suggested 5,000 new cases daily with 700 ICU admissions weekly.

700 of 35,000 cases as ICU cases

No idea if that holds up statistically based on the data we have.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:18 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
It looks like members of the national guard who responded to the protests/riots tested positive for coronavirus. I find it difficult to believe that coronavirus is so smart that it "only" affected the national guard but not the protesters themselves. https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/new.....noted

Many of the protestors come from a population that was already hit hard. The national guard members may have been more cautious.

Ora in town

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:19 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

KJ is among the disctricts with the lowest mean age of the whole USA...

Since this pandemic affects the elderly more... and there are virtually no elderly people in KJ, it is not really astonishing that the death toll should be relatively low there...

gold21

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:21 pm
Ora in town wrote:
KJ is among the disctricts with the lowest mean age of the whole USA...

Since this pandemic affects the elderly more... and there are virtually no elderly people in KJ, it is not really astonishing that the death toll should be relatively low there...

There are no elderly people on KJ?

Or rather, are there so many young children KA"H that the mean age skews in that direction, despite many elderly people residing there as well.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics