Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Lake george area

mom of many kih

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 2:59 pm
Hi. Im thinking abt doing a small family trip during the summer. Have u been there w a family of kids ranging 17-2...? What type of place did ya stay? Were a fam of 8 kih.
Any tips dos and donts from those that have been there wld be appreciated.

Or....anywere else not city air is recommended to go to??? Up to 4 hrs traveling from brooklyn.

Tia!

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 8:59 pm
Lake George is a gorgeous place to go in the summer and there’s a lot to do there. There’s white water rafting tours, parasailing, the rodeo, an escape room, places to take old fashion photo shoots, six flags great escape and water park, and I’m sure there’s even more. This is just what comes to mind when I think of our trips there.
There’s obviously hotels there but there’s also camping and places to rent cabins. Last time I went I stayed at a place called Lincoln log cabins which was really nice. The only thing you wanna take into consideration is the fact that it’s a real beach town and if that’s something you’re sensitive about

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:12 pm
I’m going to be the voice of dissent. I dislike lake George and find it touristy and tacky. I much prefer nearby Lake Placid. Much classier. And if your family has sports/Olympic fans you’re set. Also great hiking there in addition to water sports

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:24 pm
We stayed at the hotel , Country Inn and Suited right next Great Escape. It was a nice trip.

doctorima

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 6:22 pm
To combine the above 2 posters, we also stayed at the Country Inn and Suites, which we were very happy with. But we found Lake George to be very low-class and crowded and haven't returned in many years despite its (relative) proximity. We did enjoy renting a speed boat for a half a day and spending it out on the lake, and there's an amazing ropes course nearby as well.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 7:19 pm
I found the six flags in lake George to be very family friendly, less teens flirting, mostly just parents and kids. We enjoyed it alot.

Ahuva's Mommy

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:17 pm
Aside from some of these other attractions, we also enjoyed horseback riding through the woods which was parallel to the lake.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics