Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Here are the features I want. Tell me what to get.
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:45 pm
I've had the Mamas and Papas Urbo stroller.
https://www.mamasandpapas.com/.....urbo2

It folds quite flat, can be "mom facing", is under $600, seat reclines fully for newborn.

It has a longer seat than the "bee" which makes a difference if you have large babies.

I loved it.
The customer service from this company is great too.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 3:24 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I've had the Mamas and Papas Urbo stroller.
https://www.mamasandpapas.com/.....urbo2

It folds quite flat, can be "mom facing", is under $600, seat reclines fully for newborn.

It has a longer seat than the "bee" which makes a difference if you have large babies.

I loved it.
The customer service from this company is great too.

This looks very similar to the original Bee which I had, and would fit all my critera. But it's also an old product. I am afraid of having difficulty with replacement parts or customer service for an "older" model.

TCR

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 3:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Seat lies completely flat.
Seat can face parent and street.
Easy, one-piece, compact fold as I don't live in the city so it'll be going in and out of the car often. I don't want a stroller that takes up my whole truck. This is also why I don't want a separate bassinet. I don't want to dissassemble a stroller each time I go shopping.
For reference sake, till now I had the original Bugaboo Bee and I was very happy with it. It had all the elements listed above.

Bonus: Under $1000

I don't know anyone who has it, but online I saw the bumbleride era. Looks like it meets your criteria

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 3:47 pm
TCR wrote:
I don't know anyone who has it, but online I saw the bumbleride era. Looks like it meets your criteria

I watched the online tutorial. I would love to hear more from someone who actually has this because to me it seemed like it doesn't lie all the way flat. Also folding seems a tad complicated, can't imagine doing that while holding a baby. Does anyone have this and can tell me their experience?

amother
White

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 4:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This looks very similar to the original Bee which I had, and would fit all my critera. But it's also an old product. I am afraid of having difficulty with replacement parts or customer service for an "older" model.

Mamas and papas have quite a few different models, all meeting your criteria. I personally love the look of the occaro. I think they're quite easy to source replacements etc.
https://www.mamasandpapas.com/.....x0505

Another stroller that looks gorgeous is the babystyle oyster 3. seat lies flat, small fold etc.
https://babystyle.co.uk/oyster3-stroller/

Also what about city mini tour lux? probably similar to the bee but the seat sits higher etc.
https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jo.....r=8-2

yidisheh mama

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 6:14 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
The second one is legit. That does not mean that the first one sells only knockoffs, although I’m sure some of them are

same site. One is their mobile site. take away the "m" at the beginning and you'll get the regular site.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 6:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I watched the online tutorial. I would love to hear more from someone who actually has this because to me it seemed like it doesn't lie all the way flat. Also folding seems a tad complicated, can't imagine doing that while holding a baby. Does anyone have this and can tell me their experience?

I do not have the Bumbleride Era however I do have the bumbleride Indie twin and I LOVE it...10 years later and it's still amazing!! It definitely goes all the way back flat. I used it with my newborn twins from the time they were a few weeks old and I was so happy I didnt need to buy bassinets. The back goes down and the front goes up a bit too. I highly recommend Bumbleride products. And yes the wheels are amazing.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 7:26 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
Mamas and papas have quite a few different models, all meeting your criteria. I personally love the look of the occaro. I think they're quite easy to source replacements etc.
https://www.mamasandpapas.com/.....x0505

Another stroller that looks gorgeous is the babystyle oyster 3. seat lies flat, small fold etc.
https://babystyle.co.uk/oyster3-stroller/

Also what about city mini tour lux? probably similar to the bee but the seat sits higher etc.
https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jo.....r=8-2

These all look like great options! I need to check out exact details on each, but at a quick glance, they all same relevant. Does anyone have personal experience with any of these to weigh in?

Sewsew_mom

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:35 pm
The reason the cybex is on clearence is because they came out with a new model a year ago and it has quite a lot of differences.. But most people say the older one is better. So go for it. Albeebaby is Completely legit and u won't have any issues.
But right away as I read ur post I thought the bugaboo bee really hit it nail on.
Just so u understand.. There is no unicorn stroller. Each one will have pros and cons. You just need to figure out which has the most pros that work for you.

Just One

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:49 pm
bsy wrote:
Look into that more because I think it does. I have the double.

I have the valco baby. It's a great stroller but doesn't lie totally flat. I'm loving it for my six month old and used it with an infant insert for head support when baby was younger. The single comes in two styles. The more expensive one can face front and back

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 4:33 am
Sewsew_mom wrote:
The reason the cybex is on clearence is because they came out with a new model a year ago and it has quite a lot of differences.. But most people say the older one is better. So go for it. Albeebaby is Completely legit and u won't have any issues.
But right away as I read ur post I thought the bugaboo bee really hit it nail on.
Just so u understand.. There is no unicorn stroller. Each one will have pros and cons. You just need to figure out which has the most pros that work for you.

What are the changes with the new cybex?

lamplighter

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 4:58 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I do not have the Bumbleride Era however I do have the bumbleride Indie twin and I LOVE it...10 years later and it's still amazing!! It definitely goes all the way back flat. I used it with my newborn twins from the time they were a few weeks old and I was so happy I didnt need to buy bassinets. The back goes down and the front goes up a bit too. I highly recommend Bumbleride products. And yes the wheels are amazing.

been looking into this stroller but I am anxious about the wheels popping or needing air. How often does this happen? Have you bounced the stroller up stairs? (I only have a few to my house but other places have more)

Sewsew_mom

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 10:08 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
What are the changes with the new cybex?

Can't remember exactly it was a while ago I did my research. But one thing I remember is the seat doesn't fully recline like it used to.
There were other changes but I wish I remember...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 6:20 pm
I was in the store today and noticed a woman pushing a carriage that looked perfect. Her toddler was actually sleeping on his stomach completely flat in it. I checked the company name, it said Nuna. A quick google tells me it was probably the Nuna Mixx. Does anyone have it or know anything more about it? It has a compact fold too.

amother
White

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 3:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was in the store today and noticed a woman pushing a carriage that looked perfect. Her toddler was actually sleeping on his stomach completely flat in it. I checked the company name, it said Nuna. A quick google tells me it was probably the Nuna Mixx. Does anyone have it or know anything more about it? It has a compact fold too.

I've also seen it around. It looks really nice. I think some of the nuna's have better reviews than the others though. I think the one that converts to a double isn't as good as the single.

Sewsew_mom

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Great company. Great stroller. Totally matter of preference.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 11:32 am
Sewsew_mom wrote:
Can't remember exactly it was a while ago I did my research. But one thing I remember is the seat doesn't fully recline like it used to.
There were other changes but I wish I remember...

I was in a store today to check out some options in person. The Cybex Priam I saw (which I'm assuming is a new model) does not recline completely flat. There is no way a stomach-sleeping baby would be able to sleep in it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 11:34 am
The salesperson recommended, based on my prefered features, the Joolz Hub. It did seem to fit all criteria, and it's a pretty carriage too for a decent price under $700. He said people are very happy with it, but I'm asking here if anyone has it and what their experience is.

When I asked how it compares to the Nuna Mixx, he said that it is very similiar but that the Joolz folds more compactly.

amother
White

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 11:48 am
I don't have a Joolz but I know people with them and they all seem happy. I think it's a quality brand and the strollers seem to last. The selling point of the Joolz is that they were designed for tall people-the seat sits very high on the chassis and can be used as a 'highchair', in that it is at the height of the table. Most people I know though have the Joolz day or geo. The geo has the advantage of turning into a double and has a really big basket, but the seat doesn't recline flat like the hub does.
I borrowed an early Joolz model for a few months and was happy with the push etc of it. I did find the fold slightly annoying but I don't know if that's been changed in newer models.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 11:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was in a store today to check out some options in person. The Cybex Priam I saw (which I'm assuming is a new model) does not recline completely flat. There is no way a stomach-sleeping baby would be able to sleep in it.

I have the 2018 model and though it reclines flat I wouldn't put my baby stomach down. The harness would get in the way.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics