Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Moneysaving ideas
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

Yosefa

Post Mon, Feb 28 2005, 2:55 am
Weird Q: Do Pesach cookbooks need to be kosher l'Pesach more than other books since they're on your kitchen counter and more likely to have been on someone elses?

Mommish

Post Mon, Feb 28 2005, 9:29 am
Yosefa wrote:
Weird Q: Do Pesach cookbooks need to be kosher l'Pesach more than other books since they're on your kitchen counter and more likely to have been on someone elses?

If you are asking about the cookbooks I bought, the NYT one is brand new. The Spice & Spirit, I will evaluate the condition when I get it. It was listed as "like new," but if it looks used at all I will probably just copy the recipes I want b4 pesach.

nomi

Post Mon, Mar 21 2005, 9:42 pm
1)www.abebooks.com for great book deals, also used out of print books
2) my kids love to roll out pizza dough, (yes, homemade), with child size rollers and use large cookie cutters to make their own pizza. The best is that just shaping the dough occupies them for almost an hour!
3) I almost never buy anything (besides food) that is not refundable and
4) Stay out of the stores!

1stimer

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 1:20 pm
Quote:
Do Pesach cookbooks need to be kosher l'Pesach

what do you mean by a book being kosher l'pesach? Confused

Tefila

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 1:26 pm
Chometz free from chometz hands and usage I imagine

chochma73

Post Thu, Mar 31 2005, 10:32 am
for those in the us and maybe canada try
www.edealinfo.com and
www.kolleldeals.com
they both show item that are on sale through diff. websites and tells you the coupon codes.
Just got two weeks ago a calphalon pot for $20!

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 3:26 pm
Thought we could rejuvinate this thread.
I don't remember what was written on the previous 8 pages, but here's a tip:
sign up at websites like Pampers, Beech-nut, Similac, Enfamil.... they'll send you TONS of coupons for their products.

shanie5

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 7:29 pm
consignment shops. I have an easier time finding tznius clothing for my girls there than in the regular stores here. and for practically nothing.

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 8:32 am
RG wrote:
and of course I wash my own sheitel. I did this morning in record time- 45 minutes, saved 35 dollars...

When I bought my one and only custom sheitel, the sheitel macher warned me not to wash it myself. Why? Is there anything different about washing a custom? Or was she just being condescending? (Which she was in general. I go to a different sheitel macher now for setting)

Meema2Kids

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 9:01 am
My sheitel macher knew I had no one locally to wash it so she gave me some instructions on how to do it. Confused

REgarding consignment shops, if you have clothes to sell they will usually give you more for them if you take store credit rather than cash.

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 9:10 am
Can you post the instructions?

zigi

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 2:05 am
with the shaitel its better to get it done unless you really know what to do it tried but it doesn't look the same
shop amazon for diapers free shipping no sales tax and its basically cheaper.

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 2:11 am
At the sheitel macher, I see her assistant washing the sheitlach, and it doesn't look like it's such a big "Toirah". Does anyone on board do sheitlach? zigi, what went wrong with yours?

YALT

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 10:43 am
Sunshine,
Can you freeze the dough?

SaraHD,
Can you freeze the sauce?

I'd rather make a big batches of sauce & dough, roll out, and freeze. Then when I need an easy supper - I pull out an hour earlier, put one on top of other (and cheese) and pop into oven.

For those who are afraid to mix the pizza dough - until now, I've gone to the pizza shop, bought a "piece of dough" for $3, rolled it out at home, and added my own toppings. with cheese, toppings, etc... it came out to $6-8 instead of $16.

zigi

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 12:01 pm
my shaitel was curly, that was straightend. my other 2 look pretty good when I wash them they also have a better cap my other sheitel was too delicate and would lose hairs if you touched it. its pretty easy to set straight sheitels.

its really worth it to get a costco or bjs membership for diapers, also 1 800 diapers has good which are slightly higher that costco but they deilver for free so if you don't have a car they are a good deal.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics